(SOLVED)doki doki panic not loading

Started by russ, November 09, 2016, 08:30:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

russ

November 09, 2016, 08:30:00 am Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 09:11:22 pm by russ
hi guys, i was wondering if anyone could help?
i have searched for this issue but have found nothing, although i am sure it must have been covered before.
when i try to load doki doki panic, just after the famicom disk system warning screen i get a message saying,
"please load the disc all at once"(google translate).
no buttons seem to do anything and if i eject the disk the fds resets. does anyone know what is going on and how to solve?
cheers
russ

i would attach a screen shot but for some reason it is not letting me, i will try again in a little while.

Post Merge: November 09, 2016, 08:32:11 am

the screen shot

aitsu124

Sounds like something is wrong with your FDS. It seems to think that you always eject the disk while it's loading.

If other games work fine, then something is wrong with your disk, though I haven't heard of this being a symptom of broken disks.
Increasing source of obscure Japanese information...and interface.

russ

this is the only disk that it happens with. i only have 13 disks so it isn't conclusive. i have an fdsemu, i am thinking about making a cable to rewrite it. although I have read that Doki  Doki  panic is a bit harder to copy/write.
thanks for the reply

P

November 09, 2016, 01:33:07 pm #3 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:40:17 pm by P
Nothing is wrong with your FDS or disk. Google translate messed up though.
It says: ぜんぺんディスクからロードして下さい。 (load from the first volume disk).

Since doki doki is only a single disk game, I'm guessing this is a classic case of a disk with which content doesn't match the label. The disk probably contains the second volume of one of the games that spans two disks.

ericj

P is right, that is a different game.

russ

November 09, 2016, 07:01:37 pm #5 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 11:20:51 pm by russ
that is a relief. i was starting to worry that my fds was defective.
i guess it's time to build that cable. i have more than one disk that isn't as advertised, including a legend of Zelda which contains soccer on one side and tennis on the other.
thanks for the help guys.

Post Merge: November 09, 2016, 11:20:51 pm

so i bodged together a cable and rewrote zelda and doki doki panic. i used the english translation for doki doki, but as far as i know there isnt one for zelda.

P

Just remember that games you rewrite might only work on the disk drive you wrote it on (depending on how it's calbirated), so don't go crazy about rewriting games. Might be a good idea to mark the disks as rewritten too.

Quote from: ericj on November 09, 2016, 06:52:21 pm
P is right, that is a different game.

Yup! Judging by the vertically written message, I'd say the game is probably the kouhen (second volume) disk of one of the Mukashibanashi games (Shin Onigashiuma or Yuuyuuki).

russ

i have no plans to sell or trade those two disks. i have already taken my makeshift cable apart.  :)

I'm just glad someone was able to point out what was wrong with Doki Doki panic. the eBay listing said it was fully tested.

aitsu124

Which is why it's better to trust those with images (or some other good proof that the label is correct).
Increasing source of obscure Japanese information...and interface.

russ

as it came with both the label and inlay, it didn't occur to me the seller might be lying about what game he actually tested it for. >:(