FDS games officially ported to cartridges

Started by aitsu124, January 25, 2017, 04:51:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

aitsu124

I've always been interested in these. I seem to keep finding more (for a while I though Zelda was the only one), so I feel I'm missing multiple. What all games got this treatment? So far I've only heard of Zelda, Akumajou Dracula, and Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa.
Increasing source of obscure Japanese information...and interface.

L___E___T

January 26, 2017, 06:44:01 am #2 Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 06:56:44 am by L___E___T

Here we go again :)

Zelda 2 saw a port to cart, and some would even say an official port.  It's a contested area of discussion.

I have a port of Metroid, but i think I like the US versions more, which is the opposite for me as a rule.  No surprises there, this is FW after all.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

aitsu124

I've seen those threads, based on the art and names on both the box and cartridge I wouldn't say it's official.

Ghegs

There's a list here but it's get plenty of unofficial ports as well.

To clarify, are you talking about FDS games that were also officially released as Famicom cartridges, or as NES and/or Famicom cartridges?

L___E___T

Quote from: aitsu124 on January 26, 2017, 06:49:40 am
I've seen those threads, based on the art and names on both the box and cartridge I wouldn't say it's official.

I don't want to open another can of worms but it was not an official Nintendo release, no.  But it's complicated.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

aitsu124

January 26, 2017, 12:31:56 pm #6 Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 02:40:42 pm by aitsu124
Quote from: L___E___T on January 26, 2017, 06:44:01 am

I have a port of Metroid, but i think I like the US versions more, which is the opposite for me as a rule.  No surprises there, this is FW after all.

Do you mean an unofficial port?

Quote from: Ghegs on January 26, 2017, 06:52:26 am

To clarify, are you talking about FDS games that were also officially released as Famicom cartridges, or as NES and/or Famicom cartridges?

The former, e.g. the aforementioned Zelda (under Zelda 1) and Akumajou Dracula.

Ghegs

Quote from: aitsu124 on January 26, 2017, 12:31:56 pm
Quote from: Ghegs on January 26, 2017, 06:52:26 am

Yes, e.g. the aforementioned Zelda (under Zelda 1) and Akumajou Dracula.

"Yes" is not an appropriate answer for an "A or B" question. But alright, you only want Famicom cartridges then, gotcha.

MasterDisk

Ugh. Zeda 2 ain't a port, it's the US release. That's the same case for Section Z. It's the US release on a FC cart.

P

It's a cart port and a release (I mean they all have to go through the same kind of recoding to convert it), but if he only wants official Famicom cart ports, that excludes: Metroid, Zelda II, Kid Icarus, Simon's Quest, Crackout, Bubble Bobble and so on.

This was discussed many times before, and the only games I remember that meets the requirements are Zelda 1, Akumajou Dracula, and Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa.
Only Akumajou Dracula didn't use the FDS sound channel so they didn't need to recode its sound engine for the cart release.

L___E___T

大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。