Famicom books

Started by Shumi Nagaremono, January 03, 2017, 04:09:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shumi Nagaremono

Since the release of the Famicom Mini, there have been a bunch of FC-related books released.  Some of them are *really* good, others just kind of so-so. 

What are some of your personal favorite Famicom-related books?

Bob-Bob

Care to mention any of these books by name? I'm curious to know what they are. ::)

Shumi Nagaremono

The books from around the release of Famicom Mini were:

A "revival" of Family Computer Magazine, published by Mook, that included reviews of the games on the Mini along with a DVD full of clippings from the original magazine.

Famicom Complete Guide, a guide to every game and plenty of hardware released on the Famicom.  Includes box art and label art for every cart. 

Famicom Kusoge, a guide to "terrible" Famicom games.

Famicom Kurabu Mini, another guide to the titles available on the Mini. 

A special edition of Famitsu dedicated to the Mini and the games included. 

fcgamer

I hope they all suck, lol.  I can't wait for my book to get finished and published.  :)
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

famifan

Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on March 06, 2017, 05:40:53 am

just like i always wanted   :D

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: famifan on March 06, 2017, 09:47:14 am
Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on March 06, 2017, 05:40:53 am

just like i always wanted   :D

That one's not bad, surprisingly.  It goes into different categories of kusoge rather than just a single list of crap.  Although, one of the categories involves the difficulty of completing the game...which saw the author include Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, which made me want to *fight the book*. 

Post Merge: March 06, 2017, 05:40:05 pm

Quote from: fcgamer on March 06, 2017, 09:16:39 am
I hope they all suck, lol.  I can't wait for my book to get finished and published.  :)

The Family Computer Magazine "revival" was the only real stinker.  The Famicom Complete Guide was especially good.  I just wish it'd have been published in a larger format, similar to Pat Contri's Ultimate NES.  The small size makes it really convenient as a reference, but it's a shame that all the box/label art had to be shrunk down so much.

Other Famicom books I've wound up with include:

The Nostalgic Famicom Perfect Guide (which is good, but not "perfect" by any stretch)

Our Favorite TV Games from the 80's (which included SFC, MD, and PCE games as well).