Famiclone NOAC , weird sound problem

Started by raziel90, February 18, 2017, 08:56:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

raziel90

Hello guys , im need your help . Recently i bough nintendo famiclone called Hamy HM-8 Ntsc famiclone . But the problem i notice is very strange abnormal sound .

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0w2B4sjgOqD http://vocaroo.com/i/s1fNWvalUaUi
Here is the sound i recorded . I hope you guys have an idea how to slove that issue

Nintendo NES addict ^^

raziel90

Nintendo NES addict ^^

milkmanv1

hahahaha, Dude! Thats sick, it sounds so demented. I hope you didn't pay too much or anything like that, but I would honestly just keep that and get like...the "Famulator" that has a small audio glitch as well but if you search around people have figured out how to fix it.

I would love to freak people out with demented versions of their beloved chiptunes.

Best of luck if you're bent on fixing this one though, sorry I don't have anything constructive to add!

jpx72

I had similar problem once when I was making gimmick. It had something to do with resistors and probably wrong voltage.
How do you power that up? I don't see any "proper" voltage regulator, I wouldn't give it more than 5V.

raziel90

Quote from: jpx72 on March 17, 2017, 05:09:13 pm
I had similar problem once when I was making gimmick. It had something to do with resistors and probably wrong voltage.
How do you power that up? I don't see any "proper" voltage regulator, I wouldn't give it more than 5V.

Where can it be that voltage regulator ? which side on the boards ?  Please explain more in detail what you mean ? Overall the console workin , reading all games so far with decent picture and colors for noac , but the only problem is that with the sound  , everything else works fine
Nintendo NES addict ^^

famifan

Quote from: jpx72 on March 17, 2017, 05:09:13 pm

afair, it's powered up with 5V straightly from the external switching regulator.

FAMICOM_87

I assume that the 7805 regulator is that transistor like black little thing with 3 legs .
About the sound I have one old famiclone made in Taiwan , and the sound was fading and totally gone after minute or so . the problem was the capacitor on the power board , it was 16V 1000mF , and I changed it with 16V 2000mF, and solve the problem :) so try to replace the caps on the power board with bigger capacity like me :)