Twin Famicom Power outlet?

Started by Famicommo, March 17, 2017, 04:03:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Famicommo

I've found a power outlet with  7.5V (regulated) and 1.25A max;
I've seen that the console requires 7.6V though..
Would that work?
Or is not safe?

FAMICOM_87

March 17, 2017, 04:58:54 pm #1 Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:13:43 pm by FAMICOM_87
it will work, 100mV are slighting little
inside the console you have a voltage regulator 7805 it outputs 5 volts, and operate in a big range of input voltages from about 6.5V to about 30V (I recommend you to use 9V or max 12V power supply for any retro console, because 7805 generate heat  :fire:  if the input voltage is high)  :star:
So your choice is very good :)

Famicommo

March 17, 2017, 07:03:29 pm #2 Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:27:44 am by Famicommo
Ok, thank you!
It's a plug that i'll have to order over the internet.
I thought it would have problems like voltage drips or something like that, im glad to hear from you that it will work fine ^^

Post Merge: March 19, 2017, 07:27:44 am

Also, i've found out that the Famicom Disk System side of the console can also be powered by batteries.
I'd like to put batteries in there in order to test it, but im not sure; are every batteries equal?
I mean, does it require specific japanese batteries or you can put any kind of battery (from every part of the world) in there?

P

Batteries uses an universal standard. But make sure you use good quality batteries, all from the same pack with the same amount of charge, or it might throw random errors at you. The disk drive uses very little power (and only when it's reading or writing to the disk) so batteries lasts years.

Famicommo

Thank you  :D
The disk reader itself shouldn't work (as stated by the seller) but i dont have any FDS disk with me right now, so i'll just test if the console itself actually shows up on my TV