Plugging and converting RF to AV without console modification?

Started by Morbatx, March 27, 2017, 11:41:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Morbatx

Hey, everyone! It's been a while since I've posted. I'm looking for a way to get AV-quality output from my Famicom without modding the console itself. I've used the regular RF connection hooked up to the TV (so I have to swap out the VCR's RF cable when I do that, and it's a pain reaching behind the TV and screwing around every time I want to play it) when playing the console itself up until this point, but I'm looking to cut down on some of the graininess, if that's even possible.

I am already using an AV hub for my other consoles connected to the AV ports on my TV. If there's any way I could connect my Famicom to the remaining slot on the hub that would be ideal, but I can work around it if not.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? I would greatly appreciate it!

UglyJoe

Assuming your VCR supports it, you can run the Famicom into the VCR via RF and have the VCR output to the TV via AV cables.  Your VCR needs to have AV outputs, obviously. 

That's actually how my Famicom is setup (basically).  This gets you AV output, but it's not "AV-quality" like you would get via a (good) AV mod, since all it's doing is passing the already degraded RF signal through AV.