Wakusei Aton Gaiden Help

Started by Triple Dash, March 28, 2017, 08:20:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Dash

Kind of a weird situation. I picked up a copy of Wakusei Aton Gaiden the other month on eBay from a seller in Japan, and unfortunately I'm struggling to get it work. Despite my attempts at re-calibrating my Twin FC and my other games working, I continue to get Errors 21/27 (and 28, once I started to play with my motor).

Just recently I also picked up a FMC Checker, also eBay, and used it to test the game out. It comes up with an X saying: エラー 27 WAG Aメン. Does this mean I have a bad disk or does it mean I need to keep working at re-calibrating?

If I do have a bad disk, is is recommendable to get it re-written? I don't want to accidentally ruin an uncommon game or mislead a fellow collector should I part with it someday.

P

March 28, 2017, 01:49:02 pm #1 Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 12:22:52 pm by P
エラー 27 - Error 27
WAG - no idea
Aメン - A-side

Maybe the drive is wrong and not the disk. Does it read several other disks?

skyway1985

April 11, 2017, 10:54:10 am #2 Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:00:17 am by skyway1985
if the head and spindle alignment is ok, have you tried a speed adjustment? slight tweaks to the speed, either slower or faster can sometimes help remedy these issues if all else is spot on. and BTW Triple Dash were you the one that got the checker for 30 recently? i was looking at it but figured i didn't really need another copy lol
If you need help procuring rare dev equipment and protos, don't hesitate to ask! "I'm teh FdS Masta!"

Triple Dash

April 16, 2017, 11:30:41 pm #3 Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:40:47 pm by Triple Dash
As far as I know the head/spindle is okay as my other games are working fine; granted they're all factory made rather than kiosk. I started to mess with the motor, so I'm now getting Errors 27/28 whereas originally I was getting 21/27.

Yeah I picked up the Disk Checker other week on eBay. Was kind of an impulse buy, but after looking up what it was used for I guess I lucked out. Not sure how definitive it is in terms of checking disks, but at the very least it seems to be able to recognize the game's ID: WAG  :-[

The other thing I'm considering is that I picked up WAG from YamatokuClassic for $53 so technically my Twin Famicom was the larger investment between the two. I did try to contact the seller to see if they tested it but I never got a reply. IDK is re-writting worth it?

fredJ

Rewritten disks are always more sensitive. You can't expect them to work on all systems.

If only you are going to use the disk, go ahead and rewrite it. But don't sell it , I've had too much trouble with customers complaining from rewritten disks.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com