Famiclones with tight cartridge slots

Started by Protoman, March 28, 2017, 08:54:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Protoman

I recently had a Super Retro Trio(I've since sold it) and now I have a Twin Fami(plays FC and SFC) and they both had the same
issue, a tight cartridge slot. When I pull out a game I have to pull hard and it feels like its going to damage my games if I switch
games too often. Is there anything I can do?

MaxXimus

The only thing I can recommend is to buy official hardware.

fcgamer

The modern clones passed off in Western markets are terrible.  I had one of those machines too, at one point, and I quickly got rid of it, never looking back.

Older clones are the way to go, if you don't want official hardware.  Stuff like Micro Genius, decent product.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

MaxXimus

Other higher quality clones include the older dendy clones as well as Pegasus clones.

Stuff like neo fami and all other rebrands of that product are crap.

I wonder if official cartridge pin connectors can be installed in to clone systems?

satoshi_matrix

Quote from: Protoman on March 28, 2017, 08:54:45 am
I recently had a Super Retro Trio(I've since sold it) and now I have a Twin Fami(plays FC and SFC) and they both had the same
issue, a tight cartridge slot. When I pull out a game I have to pull hard and it feels like its going to damage my games if I switch
games too often. Is there anything I can do?

Try placing a game you don't care about inside the cartridge slots and leaving them there for extended periods. Go on ebay etc and buy a sports game n the cheap. Insert it and remove it over and over. Eventually, pins will loosen.

Protoman

Right now I'm using my pro action replay in the slot and putting the snes game on top, just letting it pass through without cheats. It works, but because I need another game on the back slot to make it work, it covers the FC slot instead.

satoshi_matrix

You could also try the credit card method. Place a card or two in the slot to loosen the connection.

chowder

Death grip connectors in cheap famiclones seem to be a common problem, I've ripped the PCB out of an admittedly cheap pirate before trying to get the cart out of the slot.  I resorted to spending an hour or so carefully bending the pins in with a jeweller's screwdriver to loosen it up a bit.  Then I threw it away, it was a POS anyway.

otreber

Yes, buy official hardware with your credit card and forget about problems! ;)
I like to all new video games. Because they became more and more interesting!