Twin Famicom image glitches

Started by Wacky, April 13, 2017, 01:48:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wacky

April 13, 2017, 01:48:53 pm Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 05:34:00 pm by Wacky
Hi everyone,

I recently acquired a Twin Famicom, supposedly in working order. However, as soon as I turned it on I noticed a few issues with the console's image.
One of them was a large bar in the middle of the screen, which seems to be weirdly affected by game objects. It is always there, although at times it almost disappears.
The other was two large chunks of the screen missing in the intro sequence of the one game that I have. The rest of the game play as normal, but I wonder what could happen with other games.

Could anybody give me some advice about this console? What could've been causing these issues? Should I return it?
Thanks in advance  ;)

Pictures:http://imgur.com/a/j1SOD

GoodNoodle

Hey,
what are you playing on? I have the same problems when I try to play NES on a flat screen.
Is it only when you try to lay a game? If yes, I would try to clean the reader head of the disk drive. If it does that, when you play cartridges, I would try and clean the connector.
How much did you pay for it?
regards,
Kevin
regards,
Kevin

Wacky

Hi Kevin,
yes, I am playing on a flat screen. The bar thing happens even without a game, it had nothing on the disk drive.
I did clean the cartridge connector, but nothing changed. I might try it again. Does your NES really do the same thing?
I paid close to $100, which is below the average price in my country.
Thanks for the response!

GoodNoodle

My NES is literally unplayable on a flat screen. There are many distorted gray bars which block the view of the game. But on an old TV it works perfectly fine. Try it on an old TV or another monitor.
But I don't know what's going on with the game in which some parts of the screen are missing
regards,
Kevin
regards,
Kevin