Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2017, 11:34:53 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Technical & Repair Assistance (Moderators: manuel, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  How to clean the pin connector on a Famicom without damaging the motherboard.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to clean the pin connector on a Famicom without damaging the motherboard.  (Read 1556 times)
GoodNoodle
Famiclone
Germany Germany

« on: April 14, 2017, 11:19:52 AM »

Hey,
I've disassembled my Famicom to whiten it and want to clean the pin connector as well, but because it is fastened to the motherboard I don't know how to clean it without damaging the motherboard.
Do you guys, have an idea?
regards,
Kevin

regards,
Kevin
Finfami
Famicom

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 04:54:16 PM »

I have cleaned mine by first spraying contact spray to the cartridge slot and then taking credit card (or similar card) and wrapping paper towel over it, then wipe the cartridge connector pins with it.

I'm sure there are better methods, but mine works fine and I did use that method when I first got my console. I haven't done any cleaning since because there has been no need.
GoodNoodle
Famiclone
Germany Germany

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 12:27:56 PM »

Thanks, Bro!

regards,
Kevin
Jollie
AV Famicom
United States United States

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 12:53:32 AM »

You can also use a toothbrush with light bristles and 70 - 90% isopropyl alcohol.

Great Fox will cover you.
GoodNoodle
Famiclone
Germany Germany

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 11:25:02 AM »

Thank you!
My Famicom now works like a charm.  No glitches and everything works on the first try.

regards,
Kevin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: