Nintendo Classic Mini Family Computer

Started by Great Hierophant, September 29, 2016, 08:59:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pikkon

It's crazy how much there selling for now,good thing I got one,no way I would pay the insane price.

NintendoKing

L__E__T, oh wow! You got two Famicom versions, you know you can also get mini disk systems for those also (they don't do anything but they are cool as you can install disk system games on these).

UglyJoe

I read an article suggesting that Nintendo released the minis just as a marketing ploy to get people talking about Nintendo before the Switch release. It's the most plausible explaination I've heard.

Arkanix38

So disappointed about this, I missed out cause my local game store fucked up my order and got me the controller instead on release. We got no public second waves of consoles here in Australia, just one retailer selling online to a select few because when they advertised the presales publicly their servers crashed constantly and no-one was able to order except for the scalper bots.

I wanted one of these so badly, ended up getting a Famicom Mini on release and i'm extremely happy with it, but Its shitty having the controller sitting on the shelf and nothing to use it with. Probably just going to sell it on ebay for $20 (the MSRP here in Australia) to get my money back

Yelir

Quote from: L___E___T on April 17, 2017, 02:10:05 am

I was hoping to get a brand new US version to keep for the collection, but I'll leave it now. 

Thankfully, Manuel has kindly gotten two Famicom versions for me, so I can keep one and mod the other maybe.

Did he give you a fair price? I'm torn on ultimately getting either the NES or Famicom Mini, they would be for a machine away from home to play on. They are expensive on the local trading sites, or I can bite the bullet and get scalped online and have to pony up that much more money because of conversion to USD. It's really a lose-lose situation, but what do you do when you're addicted to video games!  :gamer:

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: Arkanix38 on April 23, 2017, 08:22:04 pm
I missed out cause my local game store fucked up my order and got me the controller instead on release. Probably just going to sell it on ebay for $20 (the MSRP here in Australia) to get my money back

Wait, which controller is this? I've been looking for an official one.

Arkanix38

The official one, probably just going to pop it on ebay.com.au because I'm loaded with my Masters Degree atm (hence my relative absence from the board) and don't want to screw around with International postage. Sorry guys.

L___E___T

I would consider keeping it if only for the Wii and Virtual Console reasons.  I bought an extra one just for that reason.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

NintendoKing

I just took two busted NES controllers and placed the parts into my Orzly controllers, thus making nicer controllers for my NES mini. I now have 3 authentic looking controllers for my NES mini (the middle one is the official and that's easy to see because of the new looking decals rather then 30 something year old decals).

Arkanix38

I don't play NES VC games on Wii/Wii U, the only VC games I have at the moment are either on my DS or are Metroid Fusion on my Wii U