FAKE A/V !!!

Started by FAMICOM_87, June 26, 2017, 09:44:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FAMICOM_87

I found this peace of junk "Millennium" :D this is even worse then "original" terminator/ending man :D

notice the missing screws and the FAKE A/V !!!  :fire:
in the first picture I am using RF

Can some figure out where to solder those fake V/A outputs?
I can post scans of the PCBs

MWK

Lol, this black piece of crap was widely known here in Poland as "Terminator" famiclone console, the worst of its kind << to celebrate this, we have this competition each year at FamiCON convention, that one who can take the longest throw with this garbage - wins the compo :crazy:

VegaVegas

I agree this video "solution" is stupid. I can see 2 tracks are connected together for no reason, although I'm completely unable to inspect anything. Definitely provide the PCB scans of both sides

FAMICOM_87

Quote from: MaarioS on June 28, 2017, 01:47:54 pm
I agree this video "solution" is stupid. I can see 2 tracks are connected together for no reason, although I'm completely unable to inspect anything. Definitely provide the PCB scans of both sides

Here are the scans :)

VegaVegas

Ah OK, now I see much more and actually no wires are connected together. It is still very hard to inspect and you will need a multimeter. I still believe the entire AV circuitry is still there

At first TRY connecting the wires as shown in the picture and insert the audio-video RCA cables to your TV and if it doesn't work then try reversing the RCA cables and tell if you see anything:
http://i.imgur.com/1ljoIJk.png

By the way, I can't believe these shitty black "terminators" are so cheap they don't even have AV connections now...

FAMICOM_87

June 29, 2017, 06:01:16 am #5 Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:30:10 am by FAMICOM_87
Quote from: MWK on June 27, 2017, 12:02:38 pm
Lol, this black piece of crap was widely known here in Poland as "Terminator" famiclone console, the worst of its kind << to celebrate this, we have this competition each year at FamiCON convention, that one who can take the longest throw with this garbage - wins the compo :crazy:

I had a famiclone  like famicom expansion port in the front  and integrated joypads with 3 PCB like this shit, but this famiclone was even worse !!!
1 Fake V/V again
2 Fake DC input (missing negativ middle pin) !!!
3 Fake cartridge connector (2 cut pins invisible from the bottom side of the PCB)  !!!

but I did not take pictures :( to show this CHINA madness :DD  :crazy: :crazy:

Post Merge: June 29, 2017, 06:19:02 am

Quote from: MaarioS on June 29, 2017, 05:56:47 am
Ah OK, now I see much more and actually no wires are connected together. It is still very hard to inspect and you will need a multimeter. I still believe the entire AV circuitry is still there

At first TRY connecting the wires as shown in the picture and insert the audio-video RCA cables to your TV and if it doesn't work then try reversing the RCA cables and tell if you see anything:
http://i.imgur.com/1ljoIJk.png

By the way, I can't believe these shitty black "terminators" are so cheap they don't even have AV connections now...

Thanks ! I will try it just now and post the resolute :) I guessed that are those pins but, if it worked this mean that the hole brad is dedicated for RF only hah and AV is directly from the middle PCB , wow :)

I can not believe that they waste the 2 RC jacks only to full us   :o that  and they designed intentionally the PCB this way! WTF man!!!
BTW now days the famiclones do not have RF only AV/V to be cheaper becouse RF elements are a lot and no one use RF functionality anyway :P you do not even know on what channel they are configurated

RED is AUDIO
ORANGE is VIDEO
but look the poor image (the second picture)  :fire: >:(
The first screenshot is from RF

Post Merge: June 29, 2017, 07:28:29 am

VegaVegas

This is still a good clue so far. I expected the picture to be shitty anyway because it's completely unprocessed. To get the clear picture, you should test the board with a multimeter and check where it is processed step by step and connect every point to the RCA jack and test it. Here's how you should do it:

1. Check the PCB tracks
2. Jump by 1 component
3. Solder a wire between the component point and RCA jack
4. Test the picture/audio. If it still is bad then repeat steps 1-4

Here are the pictures with instructions:
http://i.imgur.com/Q28kz4S.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MR0fQsa.jpg

I hope it is understandable. The clear video is always somewhere before RF so you should find it ;) . Maybe there will be needed some cap/diode/resistor to get 100% clear AV but I don't think so, this is Chinese terminator

By the way, is the audio good?? If it is not then do the same for audio

FAMICOM_87

I just do that, before see your pictures THANKS!  ! no picture at all! after the first resistor on your example, and on the second no picture (on the this transistor) ether  :fire:
The sound is ok but on the title screen is humming .
Shit china rubbish :D haha I can not believe that they do this!

BTW
If I am on Chanel with the RF and connect Video pictures go black (RF) when disconnect the RC jack from video RF is on again !

FAMICOM_87

I came across another terminator 2 and again with not working AV ports, this time there are missing elements WTF

krzy

If you do proper two-stage video amplifier on two transistors like in Famicom, the video signal will have really good quality.

FAMICOM_87

thanks :) I actually tit the mod, but the simplest one :) by 80s FREAK and JPx72

so now it works, but look the resolute :) notice the glitched sound  :crazy:
I recorded the video with video capture PCI card :)

https://youtu.be/2YLSCRzsiqk

FAMICOM_87

another junk with the same power PCB !like  the last one  this time there are all elements and AV and RF works , but there is new thing ::crazy:
just see the picture!  :o

FAMICOM_87

The black and white picture was from a bad X-Tal ! So i replaced it and now I have Color!!!  8)
Interesting is that this NOAC can be modded by soldering 2 pads together on the PCB so it can run in 50Hz (default) or 60Hz now in color no need to replace 26.601712MHz with 21.477272 MHz .X-Tal! 
So this thing can run even on PAL TVs in Color on 60Hz!!! :D Cool!
8) :star: :gamer: :crazy:

krzy

When properly `upgraded` (install missing element, make good video amplificator), those consoles can  output audio/video of the quality much better than any chipped ones.
Dendy mode/NTSC switch can be installed but at least on my TV just switching to 50Hz produces buzzy image, proper way is to install two crystals.

FAMICOM_87

some of those NOACs can not mod to switch between 50Hz  an 60Hz , there are a pads but nothing happens, for example this peace of junk have very very poor image quality  even with different power A/V RF PCB or added transistor amplifier mod by YOU and JPx72 , the quality stays the same shit just have a look  :crazy: the problem lies in the main NOAC PCB  ???

Here is a picture captured with capture card form the above already modded to be 60hz and in color NOAC
and this one I am talking about : just see and compare the picture qualities (On TV it looks just bad as here!