Scan Requests (label, cover art, manual, box, etc.)

Started by Atariboy, September 13, 2007, 11:46:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

Looking at my Micro Machines cart, the sticker is pealing off! :o

I could use a replacement as well.  Luckily you only need a Phillips head screwdriver to open the case.

nintendodork

You do??  I guess I didn't check that.  That's nice, I could get a replacement shell while I'm at it, but that would take too long. and I doubt I could get a Camerica shell for very cheap.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ericj

nintendodork

Yes I did.  Thanks a lot!  When I print this, it will be normal size, right?  Probably a noob question, but I just wanted to make sure :-[
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ericj

I'm pretty sure you'll have to size it to fit before printing. Maybe someone here can explain how to do it. What photo editing software do you have?

nintendodork

Jedi Master Baiter

Yeah, make sure the dimensions are right on that.  You can click on 'actual size' to give you an idea.  But don't trust that - check the image size & look at how many cm or inches it is.

nintendodork

May 23, 2009, 10:31:18 pm #52 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 03:52:25 pm by nintendodork
I clicked actual size, and it came out huge.  So I resized it, and turned on the ruler, and the dimensions are almost right.  I'm running into a problem, though...I can't make the width larger than the height...and I measured the label in real life, and it's 3 X 2.5 inches.  So here's my current label...
[removed]
Look at the ruler...it's not 3 X 2.5, it's 3 X ~3.7  I don't know how to change it, because if I try changing one dimension, the other changes automatically.

Jedi Master Baiter

Oops, my bad - print size, not actual size.  Of course it will come out big, it will come out in the actual pixels.

Second, what are you using to size it? Crop tool? Make sure in its options it isn't constrained to any proportions, or set it to the proportions you need.  I usually find it in the top left corner somewhere.

nintendodork

May 23, 2009, 11:24:03 pm #54 Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 11:45:03 pm by nintendodork
Well, I cropped it to get the label alone, as the scan had the whole cart.  Then I went to Image-->Image Size and changed the "Document size"

If I try and change the width to what I want, the height automatically changes and vice-versa

EDIT** Ah, I just realized what you said.  I had that proportions box checked.  I unchecked that, then I set my dimensions like I wanted them.  It now looks like this:

I think that's how I want it.  Should be the right size when it comes out.  Those lines that I couldn't chop off are majorly annoying me, though! >:(

Jedi Master Baiter

The outer edges? It shouldn't be a big problem - you're going to have to cut anyway.  Looking at Camerica carts, you have some leeway.

nintendodork

True.  Well, I guess I'll print it tomorrow, since I'll be going to Walmart tomorrow.  Also, I was looking for Goo Gone in our house, and I found this...

Will it work?

Jedi Master Baiter

Doesn't hurt to try (maybe).  I see that at the Dollar Store as well. :P

nintendodork

*siiiiiggghh* I'm not sure if I should try.  I don't want to ruin the cart more than it already is.

ericj

Lighter fluid (like for a charcoal grill) works really well to get the label glue residue off things. Test it out to make sure it doesn't mess up the gold coloring on the cart, first, though.