Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 02, 2016, 03:54:56 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Famicom / Disk System (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Do you think this Famicom to nes converter is good?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Do you think this Famicom to nes converter is good?  (Read 100 times)
tonev
Sharp C1

Famicom Fan

« on: November 26, 2016, 06:28:55 PM »

Do you think that this famicom to nes converter is good?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-To-72-Pin-Famicom-to-Nes-Adapter-Converter-For-Nintendo-NES-Console-NTSC-PAL/222177975868?rt=nc&_soffid=5020780600&_soffType=OrderSubTotalOffer&_trksid=p5731.m3795

I noticed that the seller said multiple times that it won't work on an original NES and i am wondering is this really true. Because it is one of the only that is fair priced and with free worldwide shipping.

WHEN I DIE I WANT ALL MY GAMING RELATED ITEMS TO BE SPLIT EQUALLYTO MY GF! ALSO JAN AKA JPX72 AND SECURITY16
crazyjesse
Famiclone

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 09:09:48 AM »

According to the review from "luridsocerer" it will not work:

No, it REALLY won't work with US NES-101
I thought I knew some tricks to bypass the incompatibility. Disabling the NES10 lockout chip did not help. The adapter did not fit fully onto the contacts, so I thought a Game Genie would help. It made contact, but my Famicom cart was still not read.

For an NTSC original NES console, you need a different adapter. Please heed the description!

My friend has a knockoff console, so it looks like he's getting an early Christmas present.

Though when it comes to price, you can get the same adaptor off aliexpress for cheaper.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: