Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 29, 2015, 05:24:20 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Famicom / Disk System (Moderators: manuel, SumixXam, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Just got NES to Famicom adapter. Few questions.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Just got NES to Famicom adapter. Few questions.  (Read 139 times)

« on: September 27, 2015, 08:33:16 PM »

Hi. I just got an the NES to FC board adapter sold by gamedoctorhk. I like it quite a bit despite it not working with a handful of games like Gauntlet and CVIII (which I heard is an easy fix. Is there a schematic on how to do this? I do have a working NES and got the adapter mainly to have a system that plays NES games in more than one room).

I know you can play Zapper games by using the hack at http://famicomworld.com/workshop/tech/nes-zapper-on-av-famicom/, a homemade adapter for the expansion port, or JP Zapper in the expansion port. Does this first modification cause any problems with 3+ player games like Moreo Twinbee, Bomberman II, or some Kunio spinoffs?

I also tried the US Arkanoid, which works, but doesn't work with the US Vaus or the Arkanoid II controller. I'm puzzled by the latter since it's a JP controller and works fine with Arkanoid II. I also read the Arkanoid II Vaus works with Arkanoid 1 JP? I might get a JP Araknoid 1 controller to use in 2p with Arkanoid II, but I'm not sure if that would work with US Arkanoid 1 on a JP FC since the Arkanoid II Vaus doesn't work with it. Am I stuck with using the NES controller on Arkanoid 1 US on a Famicom, or would the JP Arkanoid 1 or the US controller with an adapter work?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: