Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 12:49:37 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Famicom / Disk System (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Famicom reviews & manuals
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Famicom reviews & manuals  (Read 35906 times)
lkermel
Disk System
United States United States

« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2017, 09:20:42 PM »

I finally found some time to write a new review! Here is a page for the excellent Majō Densetsu II Daimashikyō Galious for the Famicom!

http://www.videogameden.com/fc.htm?md2

I have also added TONS of scans to the site, including flyers, phonecards, ads and other goodies from my collection. The highlights are definitively the ultra rare Gradius Archimendes Hen (Famicom), Exed Exes Silver Member (Famicom), a not-for-sale promotional phonecard for Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire (PC Engine) and a very uncommon four pages leaflet for Super Star Soldier (PCE). Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:33:52 PM by lkermel » Logged

Yelir
Disk System

« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2017, 05:17:05 PM »

It's great to see a new update to the site! Bub

I really like the Maze of Galious, I spent a good deal of time with it when I first added it to the collection. I didn't get too far (and don't usually use guides) but it kind of reminds me of my playthrough of Ninja Crusaders. I went through most of the game without knowing you could transform into an alternate character, and this game is the same. Thank you for the little blips of translation/tips in the article! Gamer
lkermel
Disk System

« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2017, 03:10:42 AM »

New update and manuals:

Legend of Hero Tonma - PC Engine

For anyone interested, the Legend of Hero Tonma is particularly interesting because I included pics from the unreleased Famicom version which was canceled for some obscure reasons...

@yelir
Maze of Galious is, I also think, really good. You went through the game without turning into Aphrodite? Wow!  Now I understand why you didn't get too far as she can help you pass some obstacles that Popolon can't Wink

lkermel
Disk System

« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2017, 09:35:42 PM »

New review and manual:

Ai Senshi Nicol - Famicom Disk

Yo!

P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2017, 11:43:03 PM »

Oh one of the best games for the Family Disk System. Gotta love the theme of the first stage!

Jedi QuestMaster
Jedi Knight
FW Legacy
FamicomBox

« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2017, 03:06:38 AM »

Added to my list of games to play.

I really want to read this review ('cause I like your articles), but does it contain any spoilers?

lkermel
Disk System

« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2017, 05:47:46 PM »

@P
It is definitively one of the best FDS game! I wonder why Konami didn't release this one in the west, or in cartridge format. Such a good game!

@JediMaster
I may have some really minor spoilers in the secrets section. And I may have a tiny one in my point-of-view. But I don't usually have major spoilers in my reviews (and I add warnings if I do) so it should be safe to read Smiley

lkermel
Disk System

« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2017, 01:48:08 AM »

Uploaded manuals for:

Akumajō Dracula (FDS):
http://www.videogameden.com/fds.htm?adr

Arumana no Kiseki (FDS):
http://www.videogameden.com/fds.htm?aru

Falsion (FDS)
http://www.videogameden.com/fds.htm?fal

Moero Twinbee (FDS)
http://www.videogameden.com/fds.htm?mot

I would like to take one minute of silence in honors of all the Famicom Disk system manuals that had to die in order to be saved for eternity. Scanning a FDS manual literally kills it - so these are now in video game history heaven.

P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2017, 10:36:06 AM »

I guess you have to break their spine to scan them properly. It's such a shame, but at least now their spirit imprints will be eternally preserved in cyber space. Thank you for doing this, these manuals are gold mines of art, '80s culture and childhood memories (and I was missing the Falsion manual for my copy)!

lkermel
Disk System

« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2017, 06:22:43 PM »

New review and manual:

Meikyū Jiin Dababa - Famicom Disk

This review has been ready for a while and it was time to post it! If anyone knows about the elusive 6th Konami Card for Meikyū Jiin Dababa, please contact me! I've been looking for it for years without success... I don't think it exists, but let's hope I'm wrong Smiley

@P
Totally! That's why I waited so long before posting FDS manuals, I didn't want to ruin them. But then one day I thought, and as you rightfully said, that it was better to eternally preserve their spirits in cyber space Smiley

Jedi QuestMaster
Jedi Knight
FW Legacy
FamicomBox

« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2017, 02:59:00 AM »

Wow, it's like StarTropics with Almana no Kiseki sound effects.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: