List of Game Genie codes

Started by JC, September 19, 2007, 09:20:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDoc

So I tried out the R4MI cheat, and it worked for the Rush Adaptors only... :-[

UglyJoe

Heh, I was wondering if that would be the case.  I guess I'll have to beat a robot master or two and make a new code.

TheDoc

June 14, 2013, 10:35:47 am #122 Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:21:37 pm by TheDoc
If it helps, Megaman 4's original Game Genie code for infinite weapon energy (GXENESOO) did the job pretty well EXCEPT for the Rush Adaptor and the Balloon Adaptor (Wire is unlimited already). Although it worked for Dive and Ring, it screwed them both up in a couple game-breaking ways:
1.) It would randomly deplete your weapon energy completely
2.) If you died, you completely lost both of the weapons even if you already beat the boss.
I think it has to do with the fact that both Dive and Ring have an ammo capacity of >28 (Ring being 56 and Dive 72), but I'm just spitballing here.

I appreciate you taking the time to do this and I hope I helped! ;D

UglyJoe

Using the save file that you PM'd me, I came up with OZNNKSPX (mmc3).  This is giving unlimited weapon energy for everything in the save file except for the Rush Search (which, I guess, you can use this code and the one I gave earlier at the same time...haven't tried).

Quote from: TheDoc on June 14, 2013, 10:35:47 am
2.) If you died, you completely lost both of the weapons even if you already beat the boss.
I think it has to do with the fact that both Dive and Ring have an ammo capacity of >28 (Ring being 56 and Dive 72), but I'm just spitballing here.

This happened to me once, and I wasn't using any other codes.  Don't know if it was a residual effect in your save file or if it was my GG code. :-\

TheDoc

Ummm,..this actually made the weapon disappearance worse for me. If I completely lost my ammo on Dive, then switched it out for another weapon, Dive would be gone forever. Also, if I died, Balloon AND Dive would be gone. I'm going to try it on FCEUX (I'd been using VirtuaNES up to this point) to see if that helps.

UglyJoe

Hmm...guess I'm not going to be able to figure this one out, then :D

okame

I'm looking for some Game Genie codes for the Tetsuan Atom (Astro Boy) and Circus Charlie Famicom games. I need unlimited lives codes for both, but anything wold be useful.

UglyJoe

Tetsuwan Atom - Infinite Lives
(This one is weird because the game has a kind of life score instead of just a number of lives.  I think these will work, but I didn't test it too much.)
EUSKVLST
POSKNLYX

Circus Charlie - Infinite Lives
OXOKYZVK

maxellnormalbias

Does anyone have a game genie code for Ninja Gaiden/Ryukenden that makes pirated copies of the game (like on a multicart) have all powerups intact?

okame

The Tetsuwan Atom codes worked fine, but I'm still not getting very far. Is there an invincibility code?

okame

December 02, 2014, 04:13:57 pm #130 Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:53:54 am by okame
Max, try the U.S. codes. Every time I use the U.S. Game genie codes on my multicart games, they work like a charm!

DDCecil

I found this:
FCEU Codes For NES Salamander(J):

Infinite Lives
0034 09

What would be the GG equivalent? I tried numerous "converters", but I guess I'm not getting it. One said it would be PALAGE but all it did was freeze the game.

UglyJoe

August 19, 2015, 05:39:32 pm #132 Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:02:55 pm by UglyJoe
Quote from: DDCecil on August 19, 2015, 04:00:49 pm
I found this:

Infinite Lives
0034 09

What would be the GG equivalent? I tried numerous "converters", but I guess I'm not getting it. One said it would be PALAGE but all it did was freeze the game.

0034 is a RAM address. Game Genie codes can only modify ROM addresses.

You can use this instead, though: OXNKYAVS

DDCecil

August 19, 2015, 07:59:00 pm #133 Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:29:10 am by DDCecil
Quote from: UglyJoe on August 19, 2015, 05:39:32 pm
Quote from: DDCecil on August 19, 2015, 04:00:49 pm
I found this:

Infinite Lives
0034 09

0034 is a RAM address. Game Genie codes can only modify ROM addresses.

You can use this instead, though: OXNKYAVS

Thanks, man! I appreciate it! One more question. I found this code for Mystery Quest for Super Jumps:

RAW    
0046:F0
RAM Write - Constantly writes 0xF0 to the RAM address 0x46.

Since it's also a RAM address, does that mean I can't add it to say FCEU's cheat page (I've tried the F0 on Value and COmpare, but they always turn to 0):

UglyJoe

Quote from: DDCecil on August 19, 2015, 07:59:00 pm
Since it's also a RAM address, does that mean I can't add it to say FCEU's cheat page (I've tried the F0 on Value and COmpare, but they always turn to 0):

Right.  You'd have to use a debugger to find out what part of the code (which is in the ROM address space) sets values to 0x0046 and change it to set it to 0xF0 instead.  That's an over-simplified explanation, though :-[