List of Game Genie codes

Started by JC, September 19, 2007, 09:20:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

satoshi_matrix

sweet! Thanks a lot uglyjoe.

just out of ceriosity, how are you able to generate codes? I can't seem to find any codes relating to Mother at all.

UglyJoe

I use an emulator with a debugger and the knowledge of how Game Genie codes work.

(ps, lotsa gold codes added)

satoshi_matrix

Sweet. Thanks so much uglyjoe. How difficult is the process? If it isn't too bad, I have a few other games I'd like codes for at your leasure:

all of these are the Famicom (J) versions in case you need to know.

Akumajou Special - infinite health? I'd like to finish it. Some of the later stages are quite difficult.

Chuuka Taisen, Dragon Spirit, Parodius da and Gradius II - infinite lives, and possibly the ability to retain powerups after death. I know there's codes similer to these with the NES Gradius and Lifeforce if they at all help.

Getsufuu Maden - infinite health.

Konami Wai Wai World 1 - infinite heath. This game can kick your ass if you dont pay attention and its because of its difficulty that I dont like it nearly as much as its sequal.

Sword Master - just infinite health. wow this game's hard.

(Namco) Star Wars - infinite health. you die soooooooooooooo easily I've never made it past the water world.

no rush with any of these, they are just on my list to beat and are stubborn due to unfair difficulty.

UglyJoe

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on January 20, 2008, 05:51:08 pm
Sweet. Thanks so much uglyjoe. How difficult is the process?

It varies from game to game, but it's generally not too hard.

Akumajou Special - infinite health? I'd like to finish it. Some of the later stages are quite difficult.

That's the Dracula-kun game, right?

I didn't test these too much, but they appear to work:

infinite life:
XVESEIVK, XVESOSXX

when you die, gain a life instead of losing a life:
VVXSVGVG

I'll work on the other ones sometime.

satoshi_matrix

wow thanks uglyjoe! your quick!

I just thought of something else that I;d like codes for above all the others. I only own an NES reproduction of it, but I'd really like to get some codes for Summer Carnival '92: Recca

like the other shooters, I'm looking for infinite lives and possibly a way to keep your power ups.

UglyJoe

January 21, 2008, 04:26:06 pm #20 Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 04:39:44 pm by UglyJoe
Parodius da

infinite lives: GAOTTUZE

don't lose powerups: AVSKOASA

I haven't tested those too thoroughly, so let me know if they don't work.

Chuuka Taisen

infinite lives: XVVELGVK, XVVEGKEX (requires both codes)

don't lose powerups/specials: OVSEPGLY, this one skips a bunch of code, including the "you died" animation.  I played through to the second level and didn't see any bugs caused by it, but I can't guarantee it won't make the game crash later on...

satoshi_matrix

Sweet. Thanks so much uglyjoe. Can you do anything for Recca? I swear that game exists to mock you past the first level :P

UglyJoe

January 22, 2008, 06:02:01 pm #22 Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 04:29:09 pm by UglyJoe
Quote from: satoshi_matrix on January 22, 2008, 05:27:11 pm
Sweet. Thanks so much uglyjoe. Can you do anything for Recca? I swear that game exists to mock you past the first level :P

Try this for infinite lives: TASYXZVG

And try this to keep your weapons: YPSNNXIA, note that you will lose those spinny things that go around your ship after you die.  I'm sure there are instances where this code will not work, but I'm not sure when that is.  If you get to a spot where it's not working, let me know.

Dragon Spirit

This one is tough.  There are too many types of powerups to keep them all from de-leveling.  So, I'll give you these two that give you infinite health.  You shouldn't ever die with this one, so it's like having infinite lives:

XTVZOZVK, XTVZXZLS

The game gives you that little "pre game" level that will decide if you use the Gold dragon or Blue dragon.  Since you can't die, you'll always get the Blue dragon.

satoshi_matrix

January 23, 2008, 06:17:59 pm #23 Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 06:23:08 pm by satoshi_matrix
Sweet codes uglyjoe! Thanks to you, I was able to beat Recca! Do  you know what it says at the end?

SUPER HARD SHOOTING GAME
               -RECCA-

followed by the Staff roll

I think that's pretty accurite!

and then you fight a boss and it says "To be continued"

Anyone know whats up with that? I didn't think Recca got a sequal?

UglyJoe

January 23, 2008, 06:35:54 pm #24 Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 09:35:20 pm by UglyJoe
Quote from: satoshi_matrix on January 23, 2008, 06:17:59 pm
Anyone know whats up with that? I didn't think Recca got a sequal?

Glad to hear that the codes are working.  The "to be continued" part is in reference to the second set of levels you get if you beat the game and hit reset.  Check this article:

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/recca/recca.htm

Getsufuu Maden - infinite health.

Infinite health: ATXKGNSA
Infinite lives (in case you fall into a pit): ZXXTOGYX, ZZVLAIYX

satoshi_matrix

Sweet. Any codes for Gun-Nac (NES version?) looking for the usual: infinite lives, keep power ups. Becides Recca, Gun Nac is my favorite Famicom shump.

UglyJoe

January 24, 2008, 03:50:16 pm #26 Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 06:38:52 pm by UglyJoe
Quote from: satoshi_matrix on January 23, 2008, 10:14:48 pm
Sweet. Any codes for Gun-Nac (NES version?) looking for the usual: infinite lives, keep power ups. Becides Recca, Gun Nac is my favorite Famicom shump.

Infinite lives: OUOZYUSE, should work with either version.  I can't get a "keep your power ups" code to work.  Maybe some other night.

Gradius II

Infinite lives: OXUTTYVS

Invincible: ATENGIAZ, this is like the ultimate code.  You can't die.  You can fly through anything.

UglyJoe

January 28, 2008, 07:43:37 pm #27 Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 04:57:54 pm by UglyJoe
Konami Wai Wai World 1 - infinite heath. This game can kick your ass if you dont pay attention and its because of its difficulty that I dont like it nearly as much as its sequal.

infinite health: YOUGATGP

infinite lives: TEXTUPAE

Sword Master - just infinite health. wow this game's hard.

infinite lives: SXXTSOVK

infinite health may not be possible with a game genie...

AVKKKAAZ, ATVZAAEZ, ATOXYAEZ: with these three codes, you'll walk right through all the enemies and the bosses won't attack you.  It's pretty cheap, but if you want to see the game's ending, these will get you there (just don't fall into too many holes...).  The first one controls the enemies in the level and the last two control the bosses.  So, if you still want a challenge with the bosses, use only the first one.

JC

Someday every Famicom game will have a page on FW and we'll have codes on them. Maybe sooner than later. By the way, this has turned out to be a cool thread. :)