List of Game Genie codes

Started by JC, September 19, 2007, 09:20:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

satoshi_matrix

April 22, 2016, 01:24:27 am #150 Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:57:13 am by satoshi_matrix
awesome.

Post Merge: April 22, 2016, 10:57:13 am

Please also do Rockman 5 and 6 this is really great!

I've also got another request. In Rockman 2, is it possible to generate a GameGenie code to mute sound effects, but not music? There are a number of hacks that use custom music, and I'd like to record it without sound effects getting it in the recording.

UglyJoe

April 22, 2016, 09:10:06 pm #151 Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 09:41:23 pm by UglyJoe
Have you tried these code with any hacks?  Like I said earlier, there's a good chance they won't work.

---

Megaman 5  Rockman 5:

AVKATZEY - run through enemies and projectiles

Megaman 6, Rockman 6:

ATNAXYSZ - run through enemies and projectiles

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on April 22, 2016, 01:24:27 am
I've also got another request. In Rockman 2, is it possible to generate a GameGenie code to mute sound effects, but not music? There are a number of hacks that use custom music, and I'd like to record it without sound effects getting it in the recording.

Wouldn't an NSF be better for that?

satoshi_matrix

Thanks! Lastly, can you see if you can get a code for Rockman 1 and Megaman 1?

Yes, nsfs would be preferred, but again I want to record custom music from custom hacks. There are no nsfs available.

and the Rockman games don't have sound tests, so the only way to record audio is from the game running. But there's a sound effect as soon as Rockman appears onscreen, and sometimes there is an enemy right away as well. So if theres a gg code that could be whipped up starting with Rockman 2 that would disable sound effects, that would be be great.

UglyJoe

April 23, 2016, 07:50:48 am #153 Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 08:40:42 am by UglyJoe
Quote from: satoshi_matrix on April 22, 2016, 10:56:21 pm
Thanks! Lastly, can you see if you can get a code for Rockman 1 and Megaman 1?

Megaman / Rockman:

ATUXYXAL - run through enemies and projectiles

Post Merge: April 23, 2016, 08:23:17 am

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on April 22, 2016, 01:24:27 am

Rockman 2, Megaman 2:

AVKALAEL - no sound effects

I got lucky with this one.  I probably wouldn't have been able to figure it out without the RAM map.

----

I updated the Rockman 2 and Megaman 2 invincibility codes so that they are less buggy, btw.

satoshi_matrix

Great! Is it possible to do that with other Rockman games as well?

UglyJoe

I'm done with game genie for a while :-[

MarioMania

It's Mega Man, two words not one word

UglyJoe

Quote from: MarioMania on April 26, 2016, 01:55:11 pm
It's Mega Man, two words not one word

It's actually spelled "Rockman" ;D

P

I don't get why Mega Man, Elec Man etc is usually spelled with a space. Isn't it names? At least a hyphen instead of a space would be more normal.

satoshi_matrix

The spacing doesn't exist in Japanese. It was done in English I guess to help kids more easily pronounce the names. Megaman to a child is harder to read than Mega Man. I will frequently ignore the spaces whenever talking about Rockman as well. I suggest you do the same, just pretend they don't exist.

P

I just checked the first game (both Japanese and English versions) and there are no spaces, they are all Elecman etc. I guess people have started adding spaces in the robot names just to make them match Rockman's localized name.

superspyro90

Does anyone have codes for the FDS version of Zelda 2 :'(

satoshi_matrix

August 23, 2016, 12:34:32 am #162 Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 12:45:35 am by satoshi_matrix
Sorry, FDS games don't support GameGenie because the cartridge port is occupied with the RAM adapter.

UglyJoe, I've got another request. Last time, I asked if the sound effects for the Megaman games could be muted, leaving only the BGMs. Now I'd like the opposite. Leave all sound effects, but mute all background music. Could you please start with Rockman 2 and the US Megaman 2, then the US versions of 3, 4, 5 6? Thanks! you're a real hero and wizard at this.

UglyJoe

ATKAGASZ - Rockman 2, no music (SFX only). 

I haven't tested this very much, but seems to be working.  Did not test on Megaman 2.

Did the Rockman 2 "no sfx" codes work for you with any rom hacks?

satoshi_matrix

Alright!  ;D
The same code works for both Rockman 2 and Megaman 2. I just did most of a playthrough and it appears to be working. In case you're wondering, this is so I can record footage, insert custom music and still retain the sound effects.

And yes, the previous removal of sound effects only worked for every rom hack I tried.

Next, please see if you can come up with the same no music, sfx only code for Megaman 3. Rockman 3 might even be the same code.