List of Game Genie codes

Started by JC, September 19, 2007, 09:20:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nurd

May 17, 2008, 09:19:14 pm #45 Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 06:42:56 pm by nurd
Well, I have the famicom version. I just dont want to find my converter, I have several boxes of stuff in my basement. :P

FOUND IT.

Also, PPPNAY

Cooler underground.

Also, KKKXUN. that's a fun one. :D

MarioMania

I'm bumping this..

Anymore SMB3j Codes..

UglyJoe

Are you looking to do anything in particular, or just want random weird stuff?

MarioMania

July 24, 2008, 09:35:11 pm #48 Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:46:12 pm by MarioMania

Infinite Lives

I'm going to try the dedug code on the Pirat NES Cart of SMB3j

I think most of the SMB3j Codes are in the Super Mario Bros. 3 Thread

Chinson

Looking for Mother codes, excluding infinite money/exp.

satoshi_matrix

UglyJoe, in his review/rant, the AVGN noted that Ninja Gaiden NES doesn't have an infinite energy code. Think you can whip one up?

Chinson, sorry for the late reply, but in case you were looking for more Earthbound Zero codes,  try out these. I don't take any credit for them, I just found 'em.

GTOLETAA
Start a new game with $100 cash.

XYOLETAE
Start a new game with $250 cash.

GAOLOTAA
Start a new game with about $1000 cash.

YZOLOTAA
Start a new game with about $10,000 cash.

LTKLUVTP + LTSLKVTP
Ninten starts with 99 HP (instead of 30).

XYKLUVTO + XYSLKVTO
Ninten starts with 250 HP (instead of 30).

ZLKLSVAA + ZLSLVVAA
Ninten starts with 50 PP (instead of 8).

LTKLSVAA + LTSLVVAA
Ninten starts with 99 PP (instead of 8).

PKOSNXZK
Get mega experience points after battle!

OUUXUPOP
Infinite PP (PSI).

ATSZEYPT
Get mega amounts of cash in your ATM when you try and
withdraw from it!  Do NOT deposit any money into your
ATM with this code on or else you may lose lots of
money from your ATM.

UglyJoe

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on February 16, 2010, 12:36:33 pm
UglyJoe, in his review/rant, the AVGN noted that Ninja Gaiden NES doesn't have an infinite energy code. Think you can whip one up?

Infinite health: AVXVYPSA

It was pretty easy to make, so I'm not sure why there isn't one already floating around ???

satoshi_matrix

Thanks UglyJoe, that code was really needed. Something else that comes to mind:

Since the PowerPak has 5 built in Gamegenie code generation and FDS support, is it possible to create Gamegenie codes for FDS games? If at all possible, I would like to request these codes.

Akumajou Dracula - Inf Energy

Metroid - Inf Energy

Super Mario Bros. - basically anything interesting. Since many codes exist for the NES and Famicom cart versions, this might be the one to test out possibilities with.

Super Mario Bros. 2J - Never loose powerups and inf lives.

Yume Kojo Doki Doki Panic - Inf lives

I wish you luck Uglyjoe!

UglyJoe

The Powerpak doesn't let you enter Game Genie codes for FDS games.  I was able to make GG codes that work in Mednafen and FCEUX, though:

Akumajou Dracula, inf health (depends on the FDS rom version):
ATSPNPSA (v1.2)
ATNOOPSA (v1.0)

satoshi_matrix

ah...you're right. I was sure it did. Oh well. Maybe in a future firmware release.

satoshi_matrix

For the sake of finishing some of the outrageously difficult ROM hacks of the Rockman games, I would like to request Inf Energy, lives and weapon energy for each of the six Rockman titles. Back on page 1, Uglyjoe posted the inf Energy code for Rockman 2, so that's already done.

Rockman 2 infinite energy: SXOVTSSE  (this is the same as the SXXTPSSE code for Megaman 2). He said that he can convert any Megaman code to Rockman codes, so in the interest of making this request easier, here are the codes for each of the NES Megaman games I want converted to Rockman codes. Ones with ? question marks are codes I cant find any existing NES codes for. If you can generate NES and Famicom codes for them, that would be great.

Megaman 1:

Infinite energy - SZKZGZSA
Infinite lives - OZSKPZVK     
Infinite weapons energy - ?

Megaman 2:

Infinite energy - SXXTPSSE
Infinite lives - SXUGTPVG     
Rapid fire - LZVSSZYZ

Megaman 3:

Infinite energy - GXVAAASA
Infinite lives - AEEGXLPA   

Megaman 4:

Infinite energy - ?
Infinite lives -  SZUGUAVG   
Infinite weapons energy - GXENESOO
Instant Mega Buster - AEOAIEPA

Megaman 5:

Infinite energy - GXSEYZSA
Infinite lives - GXXAAIVG     
Infinite weapons energy - OVNLZISV + OTKPYISV

Megaman 6:

Infinite energy - ?
Infinite lives - SXEEXTVG   

UglyJoe

Here's how you can convert the codes yourself:

• First of all, just try the Megaman GG code in Rockman.  It might work without any conversion.  Failing that, though:

• Open up Megaman in FCEUX.

• Goto Debug -> Game Genie Decoder/Encoder...

• Type the Game Genie code you want to convert into the Game Genie Code field.

• Write down the values of the Address, Compare, and Value fields.

• Hit "Add To Cheat List" and close the dialog.

• Get to a point in the game where the code becomes relevant (like, get into a level, not on the title screen or stage select screen) and hit the Pause button on your keyboard (this is an emulator pause, not the in-game pause).

• Goto Debug -> Hex Editor...

• Scroll down to the address you wrote down in step 5.  The affected byte should be colored blue.  Write down the three bytes before it and the three bytes after it.

• Open up the Rockman rom in FCEUX now (we don't need Megaman anymore).

• Get to a point in the game where the code would become relevant (ie, in-stage) and hit the Pause button on your keyboard.

• Goto Debug -> Hex Editor...

• In the Hex Editor dialog, goto Edit -> Find...

• Make sure Direction is set to "Down" and Type is set to "Hex".  In the "Find What:" field, type in the first three bytes you wrote down in step 9 (no spaces, upper/lower case doesn't matter), then the Compare value you wrote down in step 5, and then the last three bytes you wrote down in step 9.  Hit the "Find Next" button.

• The Hex Editor should highlight the seven bytes you searched for.  Click on the one in the middle (it will be equal to the Compare value).  In the titlebar of the Hex Editor dialog, you'll see "Hex Editor - Editing RAM Offset 0x00ABCD", where ABCD is some hex address.  Write down that address.

• You can close the Search and Hex Editor dialogs now.

• Goto Debug -> Game Genie Decoder/Encoder...

• Type the address you just wrote down in step 15 into the Address field.  Type the Compare and Value values from step 5 into their respective fields.

• After you've typed in those values, the "Game Genie Code" field will populate.  There's your converted Rockman GG code.  You can hit "Add To Cheat List" if you want to test it out.

satoshi_matrix

Here's a pretty awesome GG code I found for SMB3. I've tested it only on the NES version.

AOSUZI - Block Suit Mario

Press B at anytime and Mario will generate a toss-able block normally found in only certain stages. The game will think Mario is grabbing the block from whatever tile is next to Mario's hands and strip it down to the bare background tile. This means you can rip and remove background elements such as hills or clouds as well as solid stage objects such as coin blocks and warp pipes!  With this code you can literally tunnel your way through a stage!

Only problem that I've found is that it causes the game to crash unexpectedly.

Uglyjoe, I wonder if a GG code could be made to correct the crash issue?

UglyJoe

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on May 16, 2010, 11:24:16 pm
Uglyjoe, I wonder if a GG code could be made to correct the crash issue?

Possibly.  It depends on what's making it crash.  If I had hours to spend staring at a trace log I might be able to figure it out, but there are other things I'd rather do ;)

jpx72

Hi guys, I have seen that some of you are really good at finding game genie codes for games, and I would like to ask you for help finding some for the loopy's MMC3 hacked SMB2j version (you can find it on his site in the NES section).
I am particularly looking for level select code, if that's possible. Many thanks for any help!