April 19, 2024, 02:19:14 pm

Anyone here a mac user?

Started by MaxXimus, November 27, 2007, 11:47:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxXimus

I love mac's. Everything about them. Right now I am using my brothers beast of a Windows Computer. It's pretty much sooped to the max, but it just isn't the same.

I am actually bidding on a mac right now on ebay, and was just wondering if there were any other mac users here?

Here are it's specs.

Apple Mac 17"
1.25 GHZ G4
512mb of RAM
80 GB Hard Drive
USB 2.0
Super Drive
It comes with 10.3 but I can easily update to 10.4 (wouldn't go 10.5 due to performance issues.)
The ram can also be upgraded,

It's the swivel top dome style imac. Very sleek and sexy.

It also comes complete in box.

UglyJoe

I'm not a mac user, but I don't dislike macs.  However, I would avoid that mac because it's not using an Intel processor. 

manuel

I'm not a Mac user, too, but I've used a Mac for a video project in Kyushu University. The video and photo software that comes with macs (iPhoto and iVideo I think...) is great and easy to handle. I wish I could get something as superb on my Windows machine, too.

MaxXimus

Quote from: UglyJoe on November 27, 2007, 12:03:35 pm
I'm not a mac user, but I don't dislike macs.  However, I would avoid that mac because it's not using an Intel processor. 

I don't have the money for an intel mac. I only have about $600 to spend. My godfather owns a 24" intel though, and it kicks major ass. :)

133MHz

November 27, 2007, 01:02:54 pm #4 Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 05:53:59 pm by 133MHz
I used Macs in the early 68k / PowerPC days, with Mac OS 7.5 ,8 and stuff. I think the fastest Mac I've used is a G3 with OS X 10.2 . The new ones look very sexy, but they're too damn expensive.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I have two old Macs: A 40MHz 68040 (Performa 630CD), power supply went boom, used it with an AT power supply for a while, then it went to storage; and a 66MHz PowerPC (Performa 6116CD). I used to play many excellent Mac-only games on those machines, like BooM, Power Pete, Marathon, etc. :D

MaxXimus

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260185993057&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

I just bought the mac in this auction. It isn't that bad of a deal, and I can say now that I own my very own computer. It will do the trick. I just want it for Internet, music, and a couple games.

FamicomFreak

I haven't used a mac since the number muncher game....I would love to give the new ones a try. Maybe next year.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

MaxXimus

I am thinking I want wireless keyboard and mouse, and was looking at the "kensignton wireless jeyboard and " set made for macs. Has anyone ever used those? Would that be a good buy, or should I just stick with the regular wired mouse and keyboard?

133MHz

Try the regulars for a while, you may end up liking them.

Also, very good computer at a very good price! I recommend you upgrade the RAM later, OS X benefits a lot from more RAM and you'll notice a good speed increase when running multiple applications.

MaxXimus

I think the max for these machines is 1gb, POSSIBLY i and a half, but no more. I  fully intend to update the ram, but I am not 100% sure which would be the right kind to buy. Can someone link me to an Ebay auction for a 512mb or a 1gb that is compadible with this comp?