Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DahrenDreamcast

Playing SMB2 (Jpn FDS) On a 1 credit run...I do continue once or twice to get a feel for what is ahead, but then I start from world 1.
Furthest I've been so far is 5-4....

Had a few sessions with this since I started it on Sunday and its been great.

I'm a hardcore original SMB fan, but credit especially to the Bowser stages, top drawer  :)
Nintendo Child <3

chowder

Spartan X, trying to get some practice in.  Turns out I'm going to need a lot more, I suck :D

19rsn007

Latest game I've played is Mortal Kombat 3 Special and Street Fighter Zero '97
GREAT UNLICENSED GAMES!

Cheetahmen

Little Red Hood, remind me to never play that again. :fire: Thankfully the cart I have it on also has Super Pang, I really want to figure out how to get good at that one cause I'm rubbish at it. :-[
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Protoman

Street Fighter 2010

I always get stuck on the vertical stage with the waterfalls and the plant boss.

DahrenDreamcast

October 28, 2015, 12:38:42 pm #2780 Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:08:04 pm by DahrenDreamcast
A couple of Spartan X sessions and Mostly SMB 2-J again today.

I think rather than aim for a 1 credit completion, I'm going to just to and complete it to begin with (its been a while)
and get a star on the home page as I fully intend to complete it 8 times to access worlds A-D
(wasn't sure if that needed spoiler tags or not..)

I think a one credit clear is getting closer tho..I'm good until around 6-4...

A one man clearance will be the ultimate, I'm a long way off that though.

Really really enjoying SMB2-j  :)

Post Merge: October 28, 2015, 07:08:04 pm

Another 3-4 hour session on SMB2-j
In Theory I have worlds 1-6 down...but, 5-3..i kinda fear it  :-[

Played to world 7 tonight, well 7-2...

I do find this game rather difficult...but, I'm really enjoying it....

:mario:

Nintendo Child <3

arnpoly

I've been waiting awhile to post this.  Last night I finally beat Eggerland: Meikkyu no Fukkatsu.  I've been playing it for the past 4 months off and on.  Despite some really tedious parts of the game I enjoyed it a lot!

For my next game I'm gonna take on either Holy Diver or Getsu Fuuma Den.

DahrenDreamcast

Today started with SMB2-j. I then had a few goes at Goonies. Tonight I have been playing Donkey Kong Jnr.
A bit later...i'll have another go at SMB2-j as I'm still yet to complete it since starting it Sunday....

:)
Nintendo Child <3

Shumi Nagaremono

I've spent the weekend playing the carts I picked up on Halloween.  Wai Wai World, Ninja Ryukenden 2, Super Contra, and Crisis Force. 

A few thoughts on them.

Wai Wai World, as everybody knows, has your character so close to the right side of the screen that the game becomes (to me) almost unplayable.  You have just keep mashing the hell out of the attack button or else you'll get whacked by nearly every enemy.  A great idea in theory, but with some fun-obliterating flaws.  Much like Konami's first Ninja Turtles game, come to think. 

Ninja Ryukenden 2 is just as much fun as I remember it being when I was a kid.  Similar level of challenge as the first, but without quite so much frustration (at least in the early levels).  I was hoping to snag part 3 this weekend to finish off the set, but no such luck. 

Just a few minutes with Super Contra made me want to kick myself for putting it off for so long.  It's MORE Contra.  I haven't played this since I was in elementary school, and I don't know why. 

Crisis Force was at the VERY top of my to-get list.  I love FC/SFC shooters and this one is considered one of the best.  It's also hard to find at a price where I'd be alright with it as an impulse buy.  I don't have much of a problem paying market value for FC games.  But I like to plan for it.  "Alright.  Instead of hunting for carts this week, I'm just going to order a single rare-ish game".  This copy was 1,200 yen, so it just went right into the shopping basket. 

Utterly fantastic game.  It looks more like an early Mega Drive game than a Famicom title.  The controls are smooth, the morphing ship provides for a lot of variations, and it's just a joy to play, overall. 

Nightstar699

Yeah I was extremely disappointed with Wai Wai World 1, those flaws are crippling. Love the second game, however.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: Nightstar699 on November 01, 2015, 08:01:56 pm
Yeah I was extremely disappointed with Wai Wai World 1, those flaws are crippling. Love the second game, however.

I'll have to give the sequel a try.  It's really a shame about the first one.  It's inexplicably bad.  I mean, seriously.  That game wouldn't even exist if not for the near-unbroken string of quality games Konami previously put out.  Talk about fumbling the ball at the one yard line. 

I didn't plan it this way, but my Halloween "haul" consisted almost entirely of Konami games.  Akumajou Dracula and Contra Spirits for Super Famicom, Super Contra, Wai Wai World, and Crisis Force for the Famicom.  Their consistent output of amazing titles makes the current state of the company even sadder.  I can't walk past a Konami Sports Club without cursing under my breath. 

DahrenDreamcast

November 06, 2015, 02:09:03 pm #2786 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 04:32:52 pm by DahrenDreamcast
Ice Climber this evening  :)

Post Merge: November 06, 2015, 03:40:40 pm

EDIT - For the 1st time in a long time, I'm not going CRT Technology, I'm actually trying to win/purchase a sony Bravia 15"....(4:3 LCD)

Post Merge: November 07, 2015, 02:16:17 pm

Ice Climber again, getting the feel for it a bit...Swapped Mario bros for this (as a kid) had a few weeks...never got good at it.
I played a lot of balloon fight more back then....I'm actually getting into this a bit now :-)

Post Merge: November 08, 2015, 04:32:51 pm

Played some Spartan X Today and a session on SMB2-J (just can't get world 7 down!)...soon  :)
Nintendo Child <3

DahrenDreamcast

Adventure Island this evening  :)

give or take, 1st 3 worlds down....

I actually have super wonder boy in the post, sega mark iii too  :)
Nintendo Child <3

DahrenDreamcast

Nintendo Child <3

DahrenDreamcast

Nintendo Child <3