Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdynebraskan

I finally got around to testing the last few carts I received in late December/early January. Yeah, I'm a bum...

Anyway, those were Felix the Cat (pirate... thanks again, Nightstar), Flying Hero, and JJ.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

fredJ

I don't remember the final boss of Robocco Wars being quite that hard, although I think I did die most of my lives (and some continues if there are such).

Breeder, isn't that game often mentioned on lists of worst FC/FDS games ? Nice to hear a second opinion. I think a lot of FDS games are under appreciated, although some of them are amazingly unplayable.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

UglyJoe

Quote from: fredJ on April 13, 2014, 09:15:02 am
I don't remember the final boss of Robocco Wars being quite that hard, although I think I did die most of my lives (and some continues if there are such).

The final boss is the only platforming boss (as opposed to shmup boss) in the game that requires learning anything beyond the most basic patterns.  The platforming controls are also a bit imprecise, which doesn't help.

Quote from: fredJ on April 13, 2014, 09:15:02 am
Breeder, isn't that game often mentioned on lists of worst FC/FDS games ? Nice to hear a second opinion. I think a lot of FDS games are under appreciated, although some of them are amazingly unplayable.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's generally considered to be kusoge.  It's practically a non-game.  I think it's a neat curiosity, though.

Zycrow

My goal this year is to finish 10 NES/FC games in my collection that I haven't beaten before. I'm four down so far. Right now I'm working on Double Dragon for NES (last night I got to Mission 4 for the first time  :fire: ) and Getsu Fuma Den for FC (finished the first 3D maze and now I'm exploring the upper half of the map).
Favorites: Castlevania, Metroid, Namco 18

nerdynebraskan

I had a little mini-marathon to take a break from the stress of pounding my way through some difficult NES games for the NA challenge. I played some Daiku no Gen-San 2, Ganbare Goemon, Keroppi Splash Bomb, and SDF.

Dendy

Just finished Mickey Mouse 3. Very easy game, but nice!

At Classic Nintendo Gaming Forum we play nes/famicom games! Join us at http://www.nintendoforum.nl

Zycrow

Nice display! I'm currently working on Goonies II.

nerdynebraskan

I just had my first taste of Cross Fire. I got one in from Ebay yesterday, and I'm enjoying it.

Nightstar699

Nice! I was just thinking about that game the other day, I still have yet to finish it. The furthest I've gotten is the train stage... Cross Fire's difficulty is similar to a traditional shoot 'em up in the sense that everything can be all fine and dandy when your weapons are powered up to full, but then when you make an unfortunate mistake and lose it all, it's near impossible.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Issun

Started playing "Hikari Shinwa: Parutena no Kagami" on the FDS. Made it to the first fortress so far.

Zycrow

Quote from: Issun on April 24, 2014, 10:30:01 am
Started playing "Hikari Shinwa: Parutena no Kagami" on the FDS. Made it to the first fortress so far.

I played through the NES version of that game back in college and I found that the game actually gets easier as you progress. Plus, you have the advantage of not having to write down the tortuously long passwords!  ;D

Issun

Quote from: Zycrow on April 24, 2014, 11:43:13 am
I played through the NES version of that game back in college and I found that the game actually gets easier as you progress. Plus, you have the advantage of not having to write down the tortuously long passwords!  ;D

I've beaten the NES version many times before and you're right; it gets easier as you go. :)
I'm currently trying to get the best ending, which is quite a different deal in the FDS version. It's going to be interesting to see if the "save instead of continue" trick works.

I love passwords!  ;D

nerdynebraskan

I got a package from Dave (aka fcgamer) today. So I went ahead and had my first taste of Magic Cube... my second Sachen game. (Dave also sold me my first... Rocman X.) It's a pretty decent variant of the Puyo Puyo-inspired genre of puzzle games.

P

Quote from: Issun on April 24, 2014, 12:54:25 pm
Quote from: Zycrow on April 24, 2014, 11:43:13 am

I've beaten the NES version many times before and you're right; it gets easier as you go. :)
I'm currently trying to get the best ending, which is quite a different deal in the FDS version. It's going to be interesting to see if the "save instead of continue" trick works.

I love passwords!  ;D

I guess it gets easier because you get stronger. Trying to get the worst ending is probably a real challenge because that limits how many enemies you can kill and you don't get stronger.
Be sure the report back if the "save instead of continue" trick works. :)

Issun

Continued with Parutena today, made it to the final fortress with 5 health and 5 arrow upgrades. I guess I will try to complete the game this evening.

Quote from: P on April 25, 2014, 09:56:13 am
I guess it gets easier because you get stronger. Trying to get the worst ending is probably a real challenge because that limits how many enemies you can kill and you don't get stronger.

Yeah, after a few upgrades things starts getting easier. In the beginning it almost feels like you're dead if an enemy even looks at you funny.
All you have to do to get the worst ending, even with all upgrades, is to choose continue 40 times. So it's not that hard ;)

Quote from: P on April 25, 2014, 09:56:13 am
Be sure the report back if the "save instead of continue" trick works. :)

Will do! :)