Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Doommaster1994

Pool of Radiance, which in my opinion is the most underrated RPG ever!

metalarmor19

Last game I played on my (albeit hacked up together) famicom was MOTHER. Damn good Nintendo Dragon quest clone.

P

Isn't it? Itoi is a genius! Same goes for the two sequels.

Last Famicom game I played was my ROB testing program again. Now it works as it should... almost. All commands works with ROB anyway.

Bob-Bob

I played some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  :D

nerdynebraskan

Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Zero107

I sat down for about 4 hours last night and plugged in the Everdrive. I ended up playing through the translation of Fire Emblem, Rockman No Constancy, and Blade Buster.
I'll probably die surrounded by plastic crap.

fredJ

Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

sioms

Contra (US Version) on a 4-in-1 FC cart

Bluecowbowling

Just got done playing Mario 2 the lost levels and Rockman 1 both pirate carts that I got in the mail this morning from fcgamer here on FW.I thought I was going to be slick and breeze right through these games so I could show off for my daughter... What a huge mistake,I ended up looking like a clown LOL I couldnt even get passed the level 2-4 in mario 2 those damn spinning fire things that go round and round and then koopa shooting fire at me errrr. Very very difficult game much much harder then the Super Famicom Version in Mario Collection. Rockman on the other hand not so bad.. got to Dr. wiley no problems on the first run through but couldnt figure out where to hit him to damage him??     

metalarmor19

Dragon quest 2 which I just got today. Trying to do a full play through since these passwords are gonna be a pain in the butt.

P

Quote from: Bluecowbowling on July 28, 2014, 11:08:07 am
Rockman on the other hand not so bad.. got to Dr. wiley no problems on the first run through but couldnt figure out where to hit him to damage him??     

You just jump up and hit the front of the machine while dodging the beams. When the front breaks off you continue and jump and shoot his cockpit. I don't remember what weapon is strong against it though.

fredJ

Just got done playing Mario 2 the lost levels and Rockman 1 both pirate carts that I got in the mail this morning from fcgamer here on FW.I thought I was going to be slick and breeze right through these games so I could show off for my daughter... What a huge mistake,I ended up looking like a clown LOL I couldnt even get passed the level 2-4 in mario 2 those damn spinning fire things that go round and round and then koopa shooting fire at me errrr. Very very difficult game much much harder then the Super Famicom Version in Mario Collection. Rockman on the other hand not so bad.. got to Dr. wiley no problems on the first run through but couldnt figure out where to hit him to damage him??     

It is somewhat sad that Mario Collection ("All Stars") ruined SMB2 in a way by taking away the two things that made it special: It is a hard game, and it is old school SMB.
The "cute'em" up they gave it in All Stars in music and graphics, and its unrestricted lives/continues, makes it unmemorable. Playing the real deal is a real fun challenge, however. In my opinion anyways. :)
I wrote a blog post about it a while ago, if anyone is interested: http://japanspel.blogspot.com/2013/12/smb2-lost-levels-original-vs-all-stars.html

Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

nerdynebraskan

I played a bit of Pocket Zaurus this afternoon. It was the first Famicom cart to sit in my Famicom besides my Asder 20-in-1 in almost a month. But now that I've beaten all of the games redundant from the Caltron 6-in-1 for the Nintendo Age challenge, my Asder is probably going back on the shelf for a long time.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Bluecowbowling

Quote from: fredJ on July 29, 2014, 11:38:17 am

It is somewhat sad that Mario Collection ("All Stars") ruined SMB2 in a way by taking away the two things that made it special: It is a hard game, and it is old school SMB.
The "cute'em" up they gave it in All Stars in music and graphics, and its unrestricted lives/continues, makes it unmemorable. Playing the real deal is a real fun challenge, however. In my opinion anyways. :)
I wrote a blog post about it a while ago, if anyone is interested: http://japanspel.blogspot.com/2013/12/smb2-lost-levels-original-vs-all-stars.html

Yep Mario 2 is unforgiving and hard as hell. forget using the wraps cause the higher the levels you get to the harder it gets. the original mario 2 lost levels famicom version is nothing like the mario collection remake for Super famicom. those flying squids and spinning fire plat forms and bullet bills are no joke. I usually get to level 2-4 3-1 and get so pissed off with gamer rage  >:( I have to turn that game off before I whip my famicom at the wall LOL. Mario 2 on the mario collection for super famicom is a cake walk and easy to beat compared to the original. what the hell is the point of that fire power block in 2-4 when you cant even reach it?? same with that damn turtle pacing back and forth between the 4 spinning fire platforms. how the hell are you supposed to get passed that without getting hit when your big mario?? its like you purposely have to get hit just to pass that area.I mean you cant even duck jump to clear him cause those spinning fire platform things get me every time.

P

Yeah and then we have the fantasy world that was inspired by those glitch levels in the first game. In Mario Collection it's just a normal world with some weird level layout (turtles under water and such), not glitchy at all!