Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MS-DOS4

SMB3. It's my first time going through the game and since I suck I had to leave the famicom on for almost a week. Accidently hit the cartridge today and lost all my progress... Maybe next time.  :'(
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

Bob-Bob

I keep dying on the third section of Mission 3 in Double Dragon.  :'(

fcgamer

Quote from: Bob-Bob on September 26, 2014, 06:59:00 am
I keep dying on the third section of Mission 3 in Double Dragon.  :'(

This is a difficult game.  I had it since a child, and although I could progress to Mission 3, only in more recent times (maybe college-ish) was I able to complete the entire game.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Bob-Bob

Yesterday I spent 4 hours and hundreds of lives getting all the way up to stage 7-3 in Adventure Island, only to forget to hold left while pressing start.  :'(

fcgamer

Today I stayed home from work after having some issues last night.  In the afternoon I played Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti for the first time, and beat the game.  I then played through it again later to get the good ending.  Fun game, albeit short and easy.  I guess I can take that one out of the queue now, and stash it away in my room :)
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

nerdynebraskan

I've had to play a bit of Akumajou Densetsu for yet another friend today to show off the superior audio. He'd actually brought his FC Everdrive N8 by, as I'm looking at buying one soon, so it was an even better comparison than usual since one of the games I tried on it was the US version of CastleVania III. Hearing them back-to-back on the same console is the best comparison, afterall.

(I've done this now for four or five different gamer nerds, and the unanimous response is still "wow!")

@ Bob-Bob and fcgamer

Yeah, Double Dragon is a tough one to clear. I've only managed to beat it once, although I've probably had the first three missions completely mastered for almost 20 years now. The moving blocks at the beginning of Mission 4 are still a nightmare for me, and they usually cost me my first life... even if I get through them alive, I'm too weak to fight through the Chins and Ropers before reaching the next phase. I usually game-over on Machine Gun Willie, who I've only beaten a handful of times in my lifetime. My goal is always to beat Willie with a life to spare, because I never have anything left for Jimmy Lee after running the gauntlet. I think I've only managed that once, but I did beat Jimmy pretty easily with a full lifebar. He's easily the second-toughest guy in the game, but the guy with the gun is still much harder for me.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

HyperDuel

Like the guy above I was playing a little bit of Akumajou Densetsu today.  Just love the audio too much.
A.K.A.:  preparefordescent

BaconBitsKing

October 29, 2014, 06:23:31 pm #2572 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:04:50 pm by BaconBitsKing
Renegade.

EDIT: I played an emulated version.

BossHoss

Daiku no Gen-san. Really liking the art style and play, but need to read up on the fine details to get the most out of it. Time to find manual scans of the NES version...

charliesnike

The last Famicom game I played is a pirate: Dragon Fighter.

number47

Quote from: preparefordescent on October 19, 2014, 08:08:55 pm
Like the guy above I was playing a little bit of Akumajou Densetsu today.  Just love the audio too much.

+1

Today, also for the sound and also on an emulator.

jinshu

Rockman 1-6 for around a week, now Crisis Force, all on my trusty AV Famicom

Shumi Nagaremono

I've been alternating between Galaga, Star Force, and Contra.  Galaga is so much harder than I remember it.  Those pesky aliens dodge my fire like old pros. 

HyperDuel

A.K.A.:  preparefordescent

nerdynebraskan

I'm seeing some good stuff on the thread in the last month: Rockman, Crisis Force, Contra, Guevara.

Today, I had my first taste of two excellent Rockman ROM hacks: Rockman no Constancy and Rockman 4 Minus Infinity. I also had my first taste of Esper Dream 2 in English.

I can see why Constancy has long been considered the gold standard of Mega Man fan games. The levels are completely rebuilt in style and appearance as well as layout. Damn, is it hard though! I tried all eight stages, and I only reached two of the robot masters (and didn't have enough left to take down either of them).

And Minus Infinity is simply spectacular. I played it on the "Easy" difficulty, and was able to take down Toad Man after about 20 minutes. (I know this because apparently the game times you, as I found after I cleared the stage.) The stages seemed significantly longer than in the original Rockman games, and really made it all feel pretty epic. It is definitely the best ROM hack I've ever played.

Esper Dream is also very cool. I knew I'd probably enjoy it after puttering around with it in its original Japanese, but I could definitely see myself sitting down with this one for a few days and seeing it to the end someday.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551