Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pachipuri

Managed to finish the whole map in Antarctic Adventure last night for the first time, which might not seem a big deal to most people but I was so bad at that game back when I first played it on my Famiclone years ago that it feels like a victory for me (I couldn't even finish the first stage lol). Now I have the music stuck in my head...

Tetouani85

April 23, 2015, 05:40:48 pm #2656 Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 04:39:29 pm by Tetouani85
Almost 2 hours of playing  :pow: :coin: "MARIO BROS"  :coin: :pow:
Till phase 31  :-[

Nightstar699

1CC'd Metal Storm, gonna try going for the no-miss next. Gotta say, I'm loving this game every bit as much as I thought I would. However I still like Holy Diver better. The only reason I bring this up is because Hardcoregaming101's article on Holy Diver cites Metal Storm as correcting some of its flaws.

So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Protoman

Quote from: Nightstar699 on April 28, 2015, 06:13:37 am
The only reason I bring this up is because Hardcoregaming101's article on Holy Diver cites Metal Storm as correcting some of its flaws.

...And adding a flaw; one-hit kills

UglyJoe

Quote from: Nightstar699 on April 28, 2015, 06:13:37 am
1CC'd Metal Storm, gonna try going for the no-miss next.

Nice!  Does the Famicom version have a hard mode like the NES version?

Nightstar699

Yep! It does, I have yet to try it though. Also, the biggest regional difference is that the top and bottom of the screen is electrified on stage 6 of the Famicom version, making it much harder.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Zycrow

You can take more than one hit on the FC version of Metal Storm? I didn't know that. Definitely one of my favorite games - I'm just glad I picked up my copy of it about 10 years ago, since the aftermarket prices on it now are just wretched. I'd really like a CIB copy, but that's even more absurd.

I finished reading the "Anatomy of Games" articles on Mega Man and got a craving to play it - it took me around 45 minutes with a few scattered breaks. I've had this particular copy of Mega Man since I was a kid, when I probably couldn't beat any of the Robot Masters save for maybe Cut Man. Still one of my favorites, though some of the sequels saw a lot more play from me in childhood. Still can't decide on a favorite.
Favorites: Castlevania, Metroid, Namco 18

Nightstar699

No, really the stage 6 thing is the only major gameplay change from the FC and NES versions (that I know of), you still die in one hit unless you have the additional armor powerup, of course.

Protoman

Good job on Megaman 1, to me the yellow devil is impossible without the select trick

Zycrow

Quote from: Protoman on April 29, 2015, 02:14:38 am
Good job on Megaman 1, to me the yellow devil is impossible without the select trick

I started the battle planning not to use the pause trick, but after a certain point I realized I would either have to use it or I would have to play Wily 1 all over again.

I also used the pause trick against Fire Man during the final boss rush. That guy moves too quickly for me to get his pattern down, and he was leaving me with a single hit left for Guts Man.

Nightstar699

I find the Yellow Devil extremely easy because he NEVER changes up his pattern, there's nothing to fear in that battle. You just have to learn one rhythm to dodge his segments, and you're good to go.

Protoman

Quote from: Nightstar699 on April 29, 2015, 06:34:30 am
I find the Yellow Devil extremely easy because he NEVER changes up his pattern, there's nothing to fear in that battle. You just have to learn one rhythm to dodge his segments, and you're good to go.

I agree, but that takes years for me to learn/memorize

Nightstar699

No-death run of Metal Storm, complete. Pretty close to being no-damage too, I only got hit once on 6-1.

P

Good job as usual!

Quote from: Protoman on April 30, 2015, 01:44:49 am
Quote from: Nightstar699 on April 29, 2015, 06:34:30 am

I agree, but that takes years for me to learn/memorize
You only have to memorize the timing of the blobs of him that flies near the floor. The rest will fly above your head if you stay calm.

He's worse in Rockman 3 though. Once in a while he lets all his blobs bounce on the floor at the same time so it's impossible to dodge (I think I never managed to do it at least) unless maybe if you use Rush. You just have to beat him before he does the bounce move enough times to kill you. I would like to know what Nightstar does to beat him without damage.

Zycrow

Been messing around in Valkyrie no Bouken. I've heard a lot of bad things about this game but I find it charming. Something about these old, obtuse adventure games is fun to me. I would probably enjoy Hydlide, Palutena help me.

It does help that I have the game CIB, and it comes with a very pretty foldout map and a thick instruction booklet, though I'm having to use my phone's camera to translate bits of it.