Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2015, 08:01:52 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Famicom World
| |-+  Updates and Suggestions (Moderators: manuel, SumixXam, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Rules for Posting Here
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Rules for Posting Here  (Read 30290 times)
P
Sharp C1
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2014, 05:56:38 AM »

It's good that you read the rules, but I think you should read rule #2 again.

SumixXam
The Backwards Man
Global Moderator
Sharp C1
Canada Canada

« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2014, 04:45:19 PM »

Rule 13 doesn't imply nonsensical posting. It is encouraging you to take part in the community.
nerdynebraskan
Sharp C1
United States United States

I'm Jackson. I play and collect 8-bit Nintendo.

« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2014, 07:23:03 PM »

Can we add a rule to the B/S/T forum to end the sales of counterfeit rares? It's outrageous that people can make huge profits off of games that could easily be re-purposed into scamming a collector. This sort of thing is already dealt with among reputable repro-makers, Ebay, and Nintendo Age. Why are we still allowing it here?

Oh, and I'm not even talking about the goofy Famiclone pirate stuff; that would be a lot of work for a scammer to turn one of those into something that could scam a collector. And those are genuinely a cheaper alternative for gamers to play on original consoles. (Unlike that $120 Dino Peak fake being peddled in the forum right now...)

SumixXam
The Backwards Man
Global Moderator
Sharp C1
Canada Canada

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2014, 10:30:13 PM »

I agree. At the very lease change the label or clearly state reproduction on the label.
SumixXam
The Backwards Man
Global Moderator
Sharp C1
Canada Canada

« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2015, 04:54:35 PM »

I'm just going to go ahead and give the rules thread a bump just to remind our members that while we do run a fairly lax forum, we still want this to be a place other members(especially new ones) can post in without feeling judged or that their input isn't needed or wanted. For the most part everyone is doing an awesome job and id just like to say thanks to you all for keeping this place pleasant. Having said that, if anyone sees a post they think is inappropriate or breaking a rule, please don't hesitate to click report to moderator.

Thanks everyone.
fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2015, 03:28:33 PM »

Can we add a rule to the B/S/T forum to end the sales of counterfeit rares? It's outrageous that people can make huge profits off of games that could easily be re-purposed into scamming a collector. This sort of thing is already dealt with among reputable repro-makers, Ebay, and Nintendo Age. Why are we still allowing it here?

Oh, and I'm not even talking about the goofy Famiclone pirate stuff; that would be a lot of work for a scammer to turn one of those into something that could scam a collector. And those are genuinely a cheaper alternative for gamers to play on original consoles. (Unlike that $120 Dino Peak fake being peddled in the forum right now...)

I agree with this.  I don't like the repro thing for the most part, so much of the stuff these days just looks counterfeit to me, and it makes it easy for the collectors to get scammed.

Please check out my gaming blog, FC Game Land, for information and my own personal thoughts on Famicom and other imported games.  I will also list items for sale on there, for those who are interested.

FC Game Land:  http://fcgamer.wordpress.com/
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: