Hydron Carts by Dynacom/CCE

Started by JC, February 10, 2008, 01:48:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

February 10, 2008, 01:48:21 pm Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 08:16:01 am by JC
I got a few Dynacom carts from Brazil the other day and didn't realize that these carts are both Famicom and NES. I thought they were just NES. But with these, one end is Famicom (60 pins) and the other end is NES (72 pins). They're pretty neat. There's only one board.

Anyone know anything about Dynacom? I'm curious what kind of company they were -- piraters I assume.

jbholio

I don't think Hydron carts are made by Dynacom or CCE. They are made by Hydron. I have an Hydron cart (Robodemons) but the famicom side doesn't work. At least the 72 pins side is working.

JC

The cart says, "Dynacon, Famicom Nintendo, Phanton e CCE sao as marcas registradas". I just figured, but don't know for sure. The board says "Hydron".

Profeta Yoshitake

Hi, JC!

Here goes a little explanation!
The master-f****** Hydron double-ended carts were made back in
the day by a company called Hydron.
This sayings are there just to say that this carts were created to
be compatible with both the original Nintendo consoles: NES and
Famicom, plus all the other clones: Dynavision [by Dynacom],
Turbo Game [by CCE], Super Charger, Phantom System [by Gradiente]
et cetera!
A narrow translation would be "Dynacom, Famicom, NES, Phantom
and CCE are the registered trademarks".
Nintendo sadly was not installed in Brazil in between the Golden Years,
so the 8 bit Nintendo clones spawned like hell over here. Millions of
people were able to play Nintendo in Brazil due to pirate/alternative/
unlicenced consoles and carts only. Nintendo left us alone that time.

Dynacom games are always 60 pin.
Hydron games were not assembled by Dynacom. They were like
rivals at the market.
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

JC

August 08, 2008, 08:17:34 am #4 Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 03:08:54 pm by JC
I've been trying to figure out how to classify these carts. Does anyone know if any originals were released on Hydron carts or are they just pirates of licensed games?

EDIT: I notice NintendoAGE lists these as "Pirate Clone," even the two mentioned below.

jbholio

Quote from: JC on August 08, 2008, 08:17:34 am
I've been trying to figure out how to classify these carts. Does anyone know if any originals were released on Hydron carts or are they just pirates of licensed games?

I would classify all of them as pirates except P'Radikus Conflict and Robodemons because they most likely got a license from Color Dreams. All their games have a title screen without copyrights except these 2 games.

Profeta Yoshitake

Hydron made nothing but pirate copies of existing games.
They never did something original.
The ONLY advantage of their carts was the double-ended design.
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

JC

Does anyone recognize this game? It's shown as Dipper II on the Hydron cart label:

UglyJoe

codeblue

Is there anyone oyt there that has these carts or knows where to buy them i would sure like to have at least one just for the experience lol,
I have never seen anything like this before and would sure love to own at least one copy.