April 19, 2024, 03:14:21 pm

Coming and/or leaving

Started by 133MHz, February 18, 2008, 06:21:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

133MHz

February 18, 2008, 06:21:34 pm Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 01:53:23 pm by 133MHz
Starting Wednesday 20th, I'm going on a week-long vacation with my family, to a really nice place three hours from here, you know, the kind with lots of restaurants, beaches, arcades, etc. (keep in mind that while you're freezing up there in the northern hemisphere, down here we are roasting because it's summer, so vacation time yay!). The last thing I'd like to see there is a computer, but arcade heaven here I come!!! ;D

So, see you in a week :D!

JC

UglyJoe

I love when hotels have mini arcades in them.  Some of my best vacation memories are of pumping quarters into arcade games before and after spending the day at amusement parks.

Anyway, have fun!

MaxXimus

Paul-FC

Har the cat

Enjoy man!  :) Youre a lucky guy, an arcade hall.... wish they were here :'(
Intergalactic cat says: Is this planet Earth?

manuel

Have a nice week and bring us some photos of the place! ;D

133MHz

MaxXimus

How was the trip? Did you have fun?

133MHz

As you may (or may not) have noticed, I disappeared for a couple of weeks. Here's why:

The Bad:

On November 22th, my dog was ran over at a nearby street. He died instantly, and the idiot who did it also had the nerve to steal his name tag to thwart identification (or maybe to pass it as a stray dog and escape the law). It was devastating. I got really depressed. This is not my first dog, but it's the first dog I've had that loved me so much (and viceversa). He was just days away of being 9 months old and it was the best partner I've ever had. I feel really alone now, with a huge void inside me that I can't seem to fill up. I'm currently under psychiatric medication since I have trouble with falling asleep and my mood is rock-bottom.

I think this struck me so hard because I'm going through some other difficulties (financial, academic, family, etc), so it was the time when I needed him most :'(. I'm currently looking for another dog, but my search has not proved fruitful.

My TV set also kicked the bucket after 19 years of faithful service. But luckily it's just a power transistor away of coming back to life.

The Good:

On October 4th, the Famicom Disk System arrived! (just shy of two months according to the packaging date). Everything is in great condition! Once again, thank you so much JC and everyone else who made this possible :D :D :D. I've already built the FDSLoadr RAM Adapter cable to transfer FDS games from the PC to the RAM cart. The pinout on FDSLOADR.TXT is wrong, I had to retrace it myself to get it working. I guess that's one of the many reasons of FDSLoader not working for most people.
I'll be posting pictures and an official thread on the Famicom / Disk System board.

Conclusion:

I'm back, Famicom World. Thank you so much for being such an awesome community. It's that kind of magic that cannot be explained with words alone. I'm pretty sure you know what I mean ;).

Panqueque (Spanish word for pancake)
                                         Feb 26th - Nov 22th, 2008

I miss you, my friend :'(

satoshi_matrix

Well, thats how life is - you take the bad with the good. As you know I'm sorry to hear about your dog, but at least it was a quick death, not something that was prolonged and painful. Glad your back on FW

ericj

I've been wondering where you've been. Sorry to hear about the circumstances of your absence. I had assumed you went on vacation and were having a good time somewhere.
Glad to see that you're back.  :)

PatMan33

I don't know you well but you've helped me out a lot. Glad to see that you're back!

FamicomFreak

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I had quite a few myself in the past couple of years so I know exactly how you feel. I'm glad you are back but I know the pain you are going through is going to take time to surpass. Give it time and you'll see everything will be alright. Glad your back!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Paul-FC