March 28, 2024, 01:32:32 am

Coming and/or leaving

Started by 133MHz, February 18, 2008, 06:21:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

P

MaxXimus

Thanks guys. This has been an absolute disaster of a move so far. I will elaborate more after.

MaxXimus

I am going to probably be away for a few days again. We are in the new house now but once again it has been a complete disaster. This seem to be a common problem with FW members. Sigh. My kids are what's keeping me going right now. I haven't felt this depressed in a long time.  FML.

number47

There's an old estonian saying that to move three times is the same as surviving a fire in the house.

MaxXimus

Truer words were never spoken.

fcgamer

I think I might not be present as often on FW or other forums, outside of answering PMs and updating my sale thread.

Last night I was drinking some wine and surfing the net, half pissed off at my gf for asking me to pick up a plant for her and then deliver it to her today.  (This whole thing took me two hours yesterday, to get the plant and come back home, and another four hours today...to go to and from my gf's house).  I didn't really want to make a big deal of it, since our plans surrounding picking up the plant changed quite a bit after her grandmother passed away a few days back, but at the same time I just felt angry that I finally had a three-day holiday, and I blew so much of it running errands.

But then I got to thinking, and I had somewhat of an epiphany.  I've been wasting so much time just surfing the net, arguing with folks (primarily on Nintendo Age), as life has been passing me by.  I need to get back to exercising, and want to get back to studying Chinese, as well as Afrikaans and Indonesian.  With limited time in the day, something needs to go, and sadly it seems that reducing my internet time to maybe half an hour per day seems like the best option.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

MaxXimus

nerdynebraskan

Good luck, Dave. Internet arguments are definitely not the most productive uses of time.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

MWK

July 05, 2015, 04:09:59 am #188 Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:48:50 pm by MWK
AAAAND HERE WE GO AGAIN 8)

I'll be going off for our 7-th, famicom generic, yet still one of a kind, domestic convention - FamiCON - from 10 to 15-th of July in Laski near Warsaw, Track&Field themed this time as you can see, so if anybody wants to join us, consider yourselves invited, yes, we can speak English and no, we're not afraid of hosting anyone from abroad :-)

number47

I'm not going to Poland, but I would love to see some gallery of the meeting.

tonev

As you may (or may not) have noticed, I disappeared for a couple of months ( 8 or 9 I do not remember how much i have been gone :( ) Here's why:

All the bad stuff that happened to me lately
First of all I failed some of my exams at my university and i never went on my supplementary examination and now my student rights are revoked.
I had trouble in my family my mother and father almost got divorced and this made everything for me extremely thought because both of my parents wanted me on their side and they were both right at some point but still it was a hard time.
In our family we have a cat that is 17 almost 18 years old and my mother hates him because he is always vomiting (like any cat but more frequently because of his age) and one day something showed up on his face it turned out that one of his tooths has gone bad ad so I needed money for the whole proedure in the vet but my mom said that she does not have spare money to throw on him and that his is old and always doing bad things like vomiting or for a rare occasion peeing on something like bed sheets. So i got half of the money from my father and i had to sell some of my stuff (this was still the time when my parents were separated )
My girlfriend dumped me because she found a "rich boy from UK"  she always wanted to go and live / study there but i love my country and we have talked many times about this but i aways said no and that i will never leave my country and i would never have the money to do so. So she met someone on facebook but i thought that nothing was serious because he was in uk and she never said that things are serious and she is going to dump me. But one day he said that he will come here for a week and this is when she dumped me... i was so broken down (not that broken when i lost 1000$ but still )
After some time I got an email from someone claiming to be a member on FW and tha he had found a deal about ps4 consoles. It turned out to be one big scam but i was stupid for believing him and his so called friend. And neer again I am sending money via bitcoins  lesson learned but it is too late and i can't turn back time. The bad thing is that i told other people about it and we bundled so we could get cheaper dhl shipping bu everything turned out to be a scam and i own them money.
(there are alot of more things that happened but i will talk another time about them)

the good things are that/color]
I managed to find a minimal wage job so i can start returning the money i own. It has been 2 months since i started and i have given part of the money but 1000$ is a lot of cash.
I talked with the university and they said that if i start  studying again some of my successfully passed  exams will be counted and will not have to study the subject again.
Stupid me fell in love again but this time she is not a total bitch and she loves Nintendo even more than me :D
I will write to you again later these days  i do not have much free time and when i do i am usually relaxing , playing games going out etc but i will start visiting the forum frequently
I hope everyone here (there are a lot of new faces here which is nice  :) ) are having a good time
I am back everyone :)

UglyJoe

Hey, welcome back.  Sounds like harsh times, but things seem to be turning around for you ;D

Quote from: tonev on July 22, 2015, 10:43:12 am
After some time I got an email from someone claiming to be a member on FW and tha he had found a deal about ps4 consoles. It turned out to be one big scam but i was stupid for believing him and his so called friend.

Did they contact you through FW? If this guy is in any way related to these forums I want to make sure they get banned quickly.  You can PM me the details (if there are more details).

tonev

No they did not contact me via fw but i am 100% sure hey got my email from here as another person did but nvm that . Everything happened via email and skype. Ah i do not want to blame anyone yes i did a deal with him a long time a go for some sega games  but the package got lost so i refunded him the money (i am checking my records now and i found this ) but there is no evidence that the guy that send me the email claiming to be him is really him.  And now that i checked his last login was in 2013 so someone just scammed me. I can provide the chat and stuff but it is not fw related .
I am back everyone :)

UglyJoe

Okay, just wanted to make sure.  You can hide your email address using the "Hide email address from public?" option in your profile (account) settings, btw.

P

Sounds like you had a rough time. :( Anyway welcome back!  :D