March 29, 2024, 08:46:26 am

Coming and/or leaving

Started by 133MHz, February 18, 2008, 06:21:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxXimus

famiac

I'll be in Tokyo tomorrow!

MaxXimus

I haven't had the most time the last little bit to be online as much as I'd like to be. The father in law has cancer and is going for surgery Wednesday. We have been trying to spend as much time as we can with him.  I hope all is well here.  I'll still be checking in. I just won't be making any posts for the next few days.

P

Forums is quite calm now it seems.
Hope the surgery goes well.

MaxXimus

Thanks P. The surgery happened this morning. He seems to be doing alright.

linkzpikachu

Ive logged back on after a few years   8)
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

MWK

MaxXimus

I've been working nights lately. I haven't had much time to log in.

L___E___T

August 17, 2016, 03:28:05 am #218 Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:09:39 pm by L___E___T

Anyone at Gamescom this year?  

Gonna try and get some time with the mini NES, but it's not on the show floor.  Instead they had a PAL NES hooked up to CRTs ironically.  Didn't get any time with the mini-NES so far, other than seeing it in a glass case.  Looked great, I'm sure the quality will be there.  

Guy couldn't confirm if it would run the Wii VC versions but he DID say that you could play the NES mini then pick up where you left off on a WiiU, so that's a pretty solid confirmation in my eyes (at least for now) that it runs the exact same VC versions.  It would make a lot of sense that it would of course, controllers compatible out the box and everything.

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

MaxXimus

One of my twins, Blayne, is in the hospital right now and will be for at least a few days. He is pretty sick. They aren't sure what it is but believe he has Kawasaki disease or scarlet fever. He also may have to have surgery on his leg for a possible infection. I can't guarantee I'm going to be around for the next bit. I'm really concerned about him.

Hope all is well with everyone else.

UglyJoe

Man, I don't know what to say.  I hope everything turns out alright.

FamicomFreak

yeah man hopefully everything comes out alright.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

MaxXimus

January 18, 2017, 12:55:36 pm #222 Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:06:53 pm by MaxXimus
Thanks guys. E seems to be doing a bit better today. They treated him for kawasakis and he seems to be responding to it. With kawasakis you can have damage to the heart though so they are going to have to be doing ultra sounds on his heart for his whole life probably.

They are also talking about having to do surgery on a possible infection in his hip. They aren't sure about that one though and with the way kawasakis affects your blood vessels it would be dangerous to put him under. (I guess general anaesthetic affects your blood vessels as well)

Post Merge: January 18, 2017, 06:06:53 pm

They are watching out for meningitis (fluid around brain and skull) as well as reyes (liver failure) and signs of cardiac damage.

P

Glad that he got a little better. I hope everything turns out well.

MaxXimus

We got to go home yesterday. They have the symptoms under control (fever, rash, pain, etc) and have done a few tests on his heart (ultrasound, 2 EKGs, etc...) and there aren't any signs of damage to the heart. He has more energy (still not 100%) and he is eating again which is awesome. He has to take some meds for the next few months to help prevent any damage as a result of the kawasakis from occurring and will have follow-ups with doctors, but things are looking good. :)