March 28, 2024, 09:55:35 pm

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

P

Highwind

Yo-yo everybody!

The name's Tobias. I've been collecting games of all kinds for about 15 years.
Through out my years the collection-core has been NES and SNES (more specific; SCN-region games)
The market has over the last few years exploded in popularity, and therefore I can't afford to continue my collecting...

So now I've decided to start collecting Famicom-related games instead! :D

I'm 27 years old, born and raised in Sweden.

Last week I got my hands on a loose Famicom, which I'm gonna try to AV-mod as soon as I can get my hands on a descent soldering machine.
(The Famicom gives the TV a good picture, via RF, but no sound except for a lot of buzzing noises, and some local-radio noises in the background... Kinda cool when you think about it. xD)
I have been eating PANCAKE!  :o

P

Quote from: Knebus on October 12, 2014, 09:57:42 am
(The Famicom gives the TV a good picture, via RF, but no sound except for a lot of buzzing noises, and some local-radio noises in the background... Kinda cool when you think about it. xD)

In this case I suggest to try this cheap method: http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9721.msg137084#msg137084
First you can touch the antennae of an FM-radio with the RF-cable and see if you get sound from the game through the radio's speaker. If it works, you can get a splitter.

nesgamer91

Total new guy. Uk collector, long time nes-a-holic starting a family collection. Hello :)

MaxXimus

Yukima

Um... Hi.

Haven't been here in a while (years?) so I guess I need to re-introduce myself now? :-[ I wonder if anyone remembers me...

Yeah. I was off of retrogaming for a while, but Nekocon 2014 pulled me back in. I hope I'm here more often now!

L___E___T

I remember your name - welcome back!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

NintendoKing

MaxXimus

BaconBitsKing

November 22, 2014, 10:14:44 pm #1179 Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:41:36 am by BaconBitsKing
Hello! I didn't grow up in the FC or NES era and have only been into video games for a few years. I got interested in the Famicom because of the differences with the NES. The colored cartridges, the things that actually made it a "computer" (Data Recorder, Disk System, Family BASIC), etc. so I decided to start collecting.

zmaster18

The famicom rocks, and I also like how it actually resembles a computer. Welcome, BaconBits!

MaxXimus

Indeed Famicom is awesome. Lots of cool games not released anywhere else. I need to get a new Famicom again. I'm honestly considderng just saving up and grabbing a retron 5.

NeXmetal

Hey guys I'm Matt, or you can call me Nex, either way
In the Florida, US, and I collect consoles....
I found this site while trying to buy famiclones and nes test carts lol

Very happy I found a forum that allows paypal and isn't shady...
~NeX

zmaster18

This site isn't shady at all! People buy and sell here all the time, and you can always check our feedback just in case you're in doubt. Welcome to the community! Enjoy   ;)   :redcart:

number47

Hi!

I'm from Estonia. Raised by random Chinese hardware and NOAC knockoffs that came from Russia/USSR. Had a break in 8-bit gaming for about 20 years. Now I've been fixing and resurrecting various Dendy's and "Endingmen" for about a year. Thanks to eBay I could finally get a real Famicom and also original carts (so feed up with 9999999 in 1  :P)

Regards,
Ott