March 28, 2024, 02:06:42 am

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendorikku-kun

;D
Hello Everybody!
I'm an old school 8 bit Atari 400/800 NES, Sega...etc. guy. I love Gunpla/Plamo/Manga/Anime. Jeez, I remember back in the early 90's when we still called it Japanimation, which sounds so funny now.I went on vacation/Mecca in Japan this April/May for 2 weeks (at 38 years old,  a dream vacation, trust me). I went to Akihabara (stereotypically) and bought lots of anime/manga/fan-boy stuff, then I saw a couple retro game shops.  Hmmm...$35 for a complete SFC console I heard so much about... I mean I love SNES and... Holy Shit! Sooo Many games...
3 Days later on my birthday I buy a handheld FC player at Don Quijote. + Rockman 3, Dragonball, and a Gundam RPG.

Then I got home and the depression of being home and my lame job set in. I work/try hard.

Depression sets in so let the fun begin!

After being home , I bought a couple FC games from Japan via Epay but now more and more, an SFC and Famicom Twin. The FMC twin after too many dead FDS drives that I'm still working on.  The FDS is the shit yo! I got Atari 800 1080 Disks so I know what time it is. I know hiragana and katakana so the full immersion of RPG games can only help, right? 謎の村雨城 I love it! As an 80s-90s Manga fanboy I can get Dragonball, SPace Sheriff, Macross, Gundam, Slayer, Saint Seiya, Mospeada...etc games? Dirty Pair is hard but I keep playing it...same with Muraasamejou..

Hell yea!!

Now all I need is a job in Japan... PM me man...I gotta BS in Graphic Design and am hard working and smart...

I love this shit...let the membership Grow!! (in Vegeta Voice)

This Forum is great...

Post Merge: July 11, 2014, 05:25:29 pm

Bio Miracle got me addicted really...
白健であります!

smileyman8b

Hiiiiii  :D theres alot of nice people here i think youll enjoy it!
Deadpool- "YOU ATE THE LAST OF THE CHEESY PUFFS YOU SON OF A BI+cH!"  >:(

MaxXimus

Agreed. Welcome! Enjoy your stay. We have a nice little community here.

sioms

Hello everyone!

I'm just an old school player who misses the old days of video gaming where playing through every game literally takes patience and persistence and testing the old trial-and-error theory for every game purchased. Nowadays, well, saving at a certain poitn just ruins the playability and experience.

So let's just talk about the old Famicom/NES days, and enjoy! ;)

sadikyo

Hello :)

I am a longtime gamer / collector.  It wasn't until somewhat recently that I really started looking into Famicom games - I've always known about them, but for whatever reason just didn't really explore them too much.  There are some great games I've yet to experience and I'm looking to expand my knowledge / collection.

This seems like a very nice, relatively small community - so I'm happy to be here.

Thanks!

P

Welcome both of you! :)

It's a small but friendly community with knowledgeable people.

twinbee2005

Hello World ;D

Love the famicom would like to have one with the disk system so i can do some game hacking and hopefully make my own.

Saw some of the stashes on here and was thinking woah!

To all of you with those huge stashes, keep on collecting.

Electric Moon

Hi, i'm Billie :)

I grew up in the era of retro games (82), so I found this site and had to register. My favorite game series of all time is the legend of zelda, and a link to the past would have to be my favorite zelda title.

Nice to meet you all.

M-Tee

September 08, 2014, 09:59:15 pm #1163 Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:13:17 pm by M-Tee
M-Tee here. I kill my free time with a wide assortment of retro gaming graphics and design projects.

Oddly enough, in terms of gaming consoles, I only own a famiclone and have lately found that I'm more interested in Famicom games that didn't go stateside as opposed to those that did.

So, here I am.

hvc01

Hello all. I forgot to introduce myself. I was born i n 1976 and lived through the NES years in Australia. I was in Japan when the gameboy was released and loved it. The whole Nintendo Sega battle for dominance. I then migrated to play a lot of the classics on emulators. But now I have started a small collection of games I like to play. Already have met some nice people on here already. Look forward to meeting some more.

security16

Hurrah for a fellow aussie :D
Welcome to all the new people I hope you find this place enjoyable and informative.  Most of us don't bite unless you're into that :P

MaxXimus

Welcome to the forums. We have a nice community here.  Id love to see your game setups.

corisco

Hi everybody.
After a couple of hard years, I just got free time to play again and start over to visit some game forums.
Re-introducing myself: I'm Dan, 41 winters, tattooer and Famicom and Sega Genesis (and all that old consoles) lover.
Hope everyone is doing well :)
^^

maxellnormalbias

Hi everyone!

I'm Jacob, a kid who didn't actually live when the Famicom/NES/Dendy/Pegasus was popular, but I always enjoyed Virtual Console games so I got a toaster NES. That broke (AC adapter problems) so I'm getting a Famicom!

I was watching an old JewWario video about Chinese Fami pirate games when he talked about Famicom world, and I signed up!

I think that systems like the NES and Famicom are great because they don't cost much at all ($25 for an original Famicom on eBay, and you can get clone consoles in shops for $60 or less) and they have games everyone knows like Super Mario Bros., Rock (mega) man, and Zelda.

Anyways, it's good this forum isn't one of those kind of things.

UglyJoe

Welcome!

Quote from: maxellnormalbias on October 09, 2014, 06:22:05 pm
Anyways, it's good this forum isn't one of those kind of things.

Is it bad that the first thing I thought was, "that's actually a Game Boy game." :-[