March 28, 2024, 10:54:47 pm

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

P

Haha Virtual Boy was your first? ;D Some of us have never even seen one!

Anyway welcome! You have come to the right place, whether you are interested in Famicom pirates, clones, modding, programming, hardware, collecting or just plain old Famicom gaming. :)

Gio_16bits

April 07, 2015, 05:50:44 pm #1216 Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:57:38 pm by Gio_16bits
Thanks for the warm welcome! ;D

The Virtual Boy was a wonderful thing. I think i was about ten at the time, and this was about the time the virtual boy met it's demise. So my parents bought it for like $150.00 usd in 97. I played VB Mario Tennis and  the Japanese version of Vertical Force  every day, giving myself such a headache. But I think playing that for such an extended period of time may have made easily adjust to the 3ds.
Proud owner of the following systems (in no particular order): Vic20,C64,600XL,7800,FC,Nes,Snes,Saturn,N64,GC,PS2,Wii,Ouya,PS3,Wii U, Dreamcast,GB,GBC,GBA,NGPC,PSP,PSV,N3DSXL,

manuel

I hope you enjoy it here and post a lot.
I got my N64 in 97... ah... good memories. :)

The Hero

Hey Everyone Pleasure to meet everyone here! I am also a member of NA! My interest in Famicom games are mostly JRPG games like Just Breed! I very much enjoy English translations if I am able to get them! Hope we all have a wonderful time here! If you have any questions feel free to ask!   :bub: :link: 8)

P

Welcome to Famicom World! I like your taste in games. :)

FamiGamer86

Hi! I have always liked the Famicom for some reason, be it its design, disk system, and possibility of cheaper games. I was considering bidding on a Famicom with disk system with no cords for either (aside from the ram cartridge.) but SOMEBODY just had to bid it up to 20 dollars.
So I once shipped an item with SAK (Below Economy Airmail) instead of SAL or EMS. I had to retrieve the package from the Amazon rainforest. The system was a bit dirty, but still worked. Never ship anything with SAK, because they ship packages from JOS.

liquidco2

hello
I've been looking for gimmick for the FC and while ebaying a guy told me to head here

I'm not here to buy anytime soon I've checked out tenso & amazon.co.jp and other places
but for now I'm  just here to gather info and show some love
to fellow FC people and gain insight from collectors who have been at it longer than me

hell I don't even own a famicom yet...
I've been hunting down a boxed AV famicom for myself

I found one on evilbay which is boxed (yey) lovely matching serial manual & bags for the console & controllers
the games listed weren't very nice so I've messaged the seller and asked if he is able to swap out the games bundle

so a little about me?
I started collecting games in october last year
I found my original NES fixed the 72pin (boiling it & rebending the pins)
got all my games & filled in the spaces with games I had lost & played

after the nes got cleaned I filled my collection with other consoles

you name most common consoles (excluding new gen) I probably have it

since I only started in October I've got a lot of catching up to do
I'm sitting on many many games

prized parts of my collection are my  boxed super famicom (no manual or psu) but I'm in the UK so megadrive mk1 psu works fine
modified snes (50/60hz) (pal/ntsc)
modified megadrive 50/60 pal/ntsc & overclocked reshelled into a japanese MD shell with a mk1 megaCD & everdrive for bios loading & saves

and a complete boxed version of super mario world for the super famicom

anyway thanks for having me

I posted this in the wrong section before sorry deleted that post and moved it here :)

Gamgrgak

Hi!
I have been collecting since for about seven years now!

I found this site while looking up a weird multi cart I found.

A little about me.

Born and raised in Alexandrovsk, Russia
Moved to the United States at 14.

Loves video games and anything about video games!

I might sell here from time to time. Probably every Saturday since I go looking that day.

A lot of weird little games around where I live!

Wonderful site

Arkanix38

Yo

I'm Luke from Sydney. I started collecting Famicom gear because of the lower entry price, and found out that I sure as hell made the right decision. I picked up a Twin Famicom on eBay while looking for a NES, and grabbed it for about the price of a non-working NES with Salamander. I bought a sealed copy of Metroid and a beat up copy of Zelda (with the write protect tabs knocked out... but easily fixed with the write protect tab from a 3.5" floppy) and pretty much sat content with it. After a short break from uni work I decided to look more into some NES/Fami games I never got to play and I signed up here looking for them!

I'm mostly looking to buy games I actually want to play, i'm not a hardcore collector and am definitely NOT looking for a complete collection. I generally steer clear of repros, unless they are something very rare like Recca (looking for a repro of this  ;)  ) . I have a bunch of pirate disks sitting around, so if anyone is looking for a 'NINJENDO' or 'NINFENDO' disk be sure to let me know.

After being a Commodore 64 gamer for so long the Famicom keeps on surprising me. With my electronics workbench set up, my Hakko blazed through a broken FC I grabbed and modded for AV, I have found a love for the simplicity of the Famicom. I'm planning on toying with an old wireless NES controller mod, but am going to try and transmit the Audio from the Controller 2 Mic as well. I've mocked up some boards in Eagle so let me know if you are interested. I still have to go through the old source code and add the Audio Packet Transmission, but i'm sure a few months of tinkering will help.

Glad to be aboard

Ark

JoshyBoshy

I'm JoshyBoshy (BTW My real name is Jaden) and I decided to join this website because the people over at NintendoAge can't figure out how to run a website.
Also, I like games. Yeah, that's a thing. My two favorite systems are the NES and the PS1. I also like apples. Don't ask me why I said that. I just like apples.

Arkanix38

they are quite delicious, I feel you bro

h0bbz

Hey guys!

New here, from the Netherlands, originally from the Caribbean.

Originally started collecting local games, but quit soon after noticing everything looked worse/played slower than I remembered.

This led me to importing stuff soon enough and before you know it I was hooked on all the unique and different (and often hell of a lot cheaper) stuff from Japan. Some time ago I found this place and since I'm pretty much only collecting Famicom/Super Famicom stuff these days and was looking for a good online community to take part in I figure'd I was at the right place when stumbling across this site!

Already enjoy reading all the articles/forum posts and hopefefully there's a lot more where that came from.

Cheers!  ;D

Wintermute

Hi all,

Another European here. I love my NES and Gameboy, should I say something else ?  :)

MaxXimus

Welcome to the boards newcomers!

Go find the show us your stash threads and post some pictures of your collection for us all to see. :)

yukin

Hi, Im collecting a little of everything, Consoles and Computers (American, European and japanese)

My main collection is toward japanese hardware computers and computer games but i also really love playing on my famicom and disk system. :)

And love the Famicom 3D glasses (look Avatar)