March 29, 2024, 05:10:16 am

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gendou_kun

Hi, my name is Jose Manuel a.k.a Gendou_kun, I'm here because I'm a NES/Famicon big fan and I wanna meet people who likes those consoles like me and be friends, share information or trade some games :)

MaxXimus

Welcome to the forums friend!

hippy dave

Hello!

Oh I like this icon  :bub:

I joined the other day, and have been lurking a little. I remember playing SMB on a mate's NES back in the day, and those PlayChoice machines, but never owned one. Have more recently been playing Ultimate NES Remix and some VC games (SMB, Balloon Fight etc) on my 3DS, and been getting the urge to play some of them on the real hardware.

Wasn't happy about NES prices on ebay, started eyeing up the Famicoms, I love the look of the original model, but the budget got extra tight so for now I've grabbed a shonky PowerJoy for a few quid ;D The supplied pirate cart sadly doesn't have Balloon Fight but it has the marvellous Pandamar hack of SMB, and some other great games. Will keep me going for now until I have more cash to splash...

JetBlackSVW

Hello,

I am not only new to this Forum, but also new to the Famicom. Got one this week, but I have a lot of trouble with it, maybe you can help me.

SuperDerpBro

New here. Just saying hello. I've wanted an AV Famicom since i was a teen. Just bought nice boxed one today. Hasn't even shipped yet but im pretty excited :)

FamicomFreak

You have just started your journey into the Famicom World!! Welcome newcomers!  :mspacman:
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

str8bit

Big holla from Istanbul-Turkey to all 8bit guys out there ! :pow:

MaxXimus

Welcome to the boards. We have a pretty friendly community here. Check out the show your stash threads. I would love to see your collection.

averre

Hi!

Kind of new to the forums. Have lurked a bit and been reading in the technical threads.

Have previously been collecting mostly european NES games, but recently got a Famicom.
Man, have I been missing out! What a difference!

disjaukifa

Hey fellow famicom owners,

My name is Grant and I've recently gotten the following, mostly off of eBay, and I should be getting it here soon!

Famicom HVC-101 with two official dog bone controllers
Bomberman II
De Block
Final Fantasy I&II
Final Fantasy I&II (I'm trying some mods so I got double of these)
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy III
Super Mario
Super Mario III
Quarth

I actually just acquired an NES-101 top loader last week and so far I have Tetris and Tengen Tetris for it, however I wanted to get some games to play with my kids like Bomberman II which is 3 player, but the US version of the game is way too expensive, where as I paid $6 for the Japanese version.

Long ago I was a Nintendo collector and then I got out of it, now that I have changed jobs etc, I finally have some time to be collecting again so I'm looking forward to growing my collection and contributing!

Thanks
Grant

MaxXimus

FamicomFreak

Welcome new members!!! I like the list of final fantasy games!!!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

CIT Seven Force

Hi there!

Finally decided to de-lurk this forum after some while.

Been into videogames for about as long as I can remember; the NES was my very first console, back in 1987.

My main focus is on Japanese 16 and 32 Bit systems and arcade hardware. However, a couple of years ago I decided to get back into 8-bit and start a small but nice Famicom collection of games I enjoy.

I like anything that's arcadey and challenging, so shoot 'em ups and action platformers are my genres of choice. I also like action-RPGs though (particularly the Ys series).

My top 3 Famicom games are:

• Dracula Densetsu

• Ninja Ryukenden

• Salamander

Some of you may recognize me as a regular on Shmups Forum, Gamengai and some other places.

I look forward to conversing with you guys!

jiujitsero

famiac

Welcome to the forum guys!

I like your taste in games, CIT.   :star: