Mario Baby - Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa hack question

Started by Lee, March 18, 2008, 06:13:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

I'm sure some people are familiar with this title. A rental store rented "Mario Baby" to my sister about 20 years ago, and I haven't played that version since.

Anyway, some people are saying it is just a port, but I could've sworn there was at least one change. Instead of faeries carrying the baby to the next level, I thought they used the flying shyguys from Super Mario Brothers 2 (USA).

I've still yet to find an image of the Mario Baby hack, so I don't know.

I do want to obtain Bio Miracle someday. How rare is the Famciom cartridge? Thanks--

michaelthegreat

March 18, 2008, 03:08:42 pm #1 Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 02:03:43 am by michaelthegreat
Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa in cart form is $80-$130 loose rare. Baby Mario, the pirate hack of the famicom disk game,  is not really rare, but usually commands around $30 just because of the rarity of Bokutte Upa.

I've heard that the music is different since the famicom pirate took the disk system game and just dropped the extra sound that the disk system can play. I've heard that the Konami cartridge form reworked the music some to sound better, but I don't really know. I don't know about any other differences.

JC

Quote from: michaelthegreat on March 18, 2008, 03:08:42 pm
Baby Mario, the pirate hack of the famicom disk game

Is it really a pirate port of the disk game? You know, Bio Miracle was released as a licensed cart after the failure of the FDS. So, I imagine the pirated version is just a repro of the cart version. But, I could be wrong.

Also, I'd be curious to find out for certain if any Baby Mario pirates are different from the original licensed versions. I've never heard of any differences whatsoever, not even sound, since the licensed cart was pirated, not the disk. Obviously there would be slight differences between the disk and cart.

siudym

Some time ago (ok.. som years :P) i have identical cart like that:
http://www.sdm.friko.pl/fami/ - My Famicom Collection (always updated)
http://www.romlab.prv.pl/ - ROMLaboratory

michaelthegreat

Quote from: JC on March 18, 2008, 08:18:51 pm
Quote from: michaelthegreat on March 18, 2008, 03:08:42 pm
Baby Mario, the pirate hack of the famicom disk game

Is it really a pirate port of the disk game? You know, Bio Miracle was released as a licensed cart after the failure of the FDS. So, I imagine the pirated version is just a repro of the cart version. But, I could be wrong.

Also, I'd be curious to find out for certain if any Baby Mario pirates are different from the original licensed versions. I've never heard of any differences whatsoever, not even sound, since the licensed cart was pirated, not the disk. Obviously there would be slight differences between the disk and cart.

It's actually something I've wanted to test for myself, but I forgot to bid on that baby mario that was on the bay recently. That's what I've been told, but then I was also told that Airball had special hardware that kept it from being used on a nes... :) The official cart has a normal and easy setting that I don't think was on the disk. Anyone have the pirate to check and see if it's there? Anyone have the disk game to see if there is an easy/normal choice there?

Yeah, it was released as a licensed cart, but that was in 1993. 5 years is plenty of time for a pirate to come along. I've wondered if the release of the cart wasn't a reaction to seeing the popularity of a pirate.