March 29, 2024, 07:11:20 am

Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

modeltfordman

I found a copy of Felix the Cat at my local game exchange last weekend and passed on it. I thought to my self I should have made the purchase but I didn't. I thought about the game all week and went back today. They still had it so I snapped it up.

nerdynebraskan

I got a pretty sweet birthday present today. I've wanted one of these RetroUSB "Vs." series reproductions with the dipswitches for a couple of years now, and just never got around to it. I'm definitely extra-excited to get more light-gun goodness.

Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Shumi Nagaremono

Deals DO still exist!

Boxed Gyro set and a plush Kuribo (with original tag) from 1985!  Grand total:  855 yen!  :)

Bob-Bob

That doll looks way too new to be from 1985. Are you sure that's not a knockoff? There's tons of knockoff Mario dolls.

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: Bob-Bob on July 21, 2014, 07:14:29 am
That doll looks way too new to be from 1985. Are you sure that's not a knockoff? There's tons of knockoff Mario dolls.

Pretty sure.  The tag shows its age much more than the nuigurumi. 

L___E___T

July 21, 2014, 09:24:05 am #695 Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:29:38 am by L___E___T
Quote from: nerdynebraskan on May 11, 2014, 06:52:07 pm
I got a pretty sweet birthday present today.
I've wanted one of these RetroUSB "Vs." series reproductions with the dipswitches for a couple of years now, and just never got around to it.
I'm definitely extra-excited to get more light-gun goodness.

Awesome - Hogan's Alley is my favourite game - I definitely need to pick one of these up at some point...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

It means "stuffed animal", basically.

Shumi Nagaremono

My wife and I are visiting family in Fukuoka this week, but they were nice enough to give me some time to check out some of my old haunts.  Man, I miss game hunting away from Tokyo!

38 Famicom games including Kunio-kun, Spartan X, Son Son, Nuts and Milk, Bug-tte Honey, Sunsoft's Batman, and a bunch of other commons I needed, but didn't want spend 500-1,000 yen each for.

This was a thrill!  Awhile back, a magazine released a (dubious) list of the 10 best Famicom games.  I thought collecting those ten, CiB, would be a fun hobby.  I got nine of them within a year or two, But Mother was on that list and it usually tops 5,000 yen for a boxed copy.  Found this one for 1,755 yen, which is less than LOOSE copies go for in Akiba. 

This'll keep me good and busy for the foreseeable future!  :)

Yelir

Nice find on the copy of Mother. I have one with inserts but missing the manual, unfortunately. What is it like on the inside? :)

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: Yelir on August 19, 2014, 12:11:29 am
Nice find on the copy of Mother. I have one with inserts but missing the manual, unfortunately. What is it like on the inside? :)

It's a fold-out.  One side has all the instructions and game info.  The other side is a huge world map.  Judging by the shape its in, the previous owner got a lot of use out it.  :)

nerdynebraskan

I just completed a trade with a local collector. I picked up six new NES boxes for my collection, and they're all personally exciting for one reason or another:

CastleVania II (I now have the full trilogy CIB)
Desert Commander (childhood favorite; CIB at last!)
Dr. Chaos (one of my first 10 NES games growing up)
Hogan's Alley (probably one of my first 10 games; definitely my second Zapper game after Duck Hunt)
Rampart (such a cool game!)
Simpsons: Bartman Meets Radioactive Man (as bad as Acclaim's Simpsons platformers are, I just can't hate them because of how much I love the show)

Maybe I'll add a picture later...
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

featherplucknfilms

It's not a knockoff but it's also not from 1985.  Those giant goombas were released in Japan in 2005.  The tag has the 1985 SMB copyright on it but the other side has the 2005 manufacture date.  There is so much SMB series related stuff released in Japan every year since 1985.  Either way it's an awesome plush to have. 

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: featherplucknfilms on September 09, 2014, 03:45:08 am

It's not a knockoff but it's also not from 1985.  Those giant goombas were released in Japan in 2005.  The tag has the 1985 SMB copyright on it but the other side has the 2005 manufacture date.  There is so much SMB series related stuff released in Japan every year since 1985.  Either way it's an awesome plush to have. 

You are correct, sir!  It's from 2005.  Which means that it *may* be from around the same time as the nuigurumi Famicom and Disc System plushies that I've been hunting for. 

Elrinth

Picked up a bunch of new famicom carts and made alittle video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-W4PV0g8Nw&list=UU3R02-OIwJtPs054qm8C2sA