April 20, 2024, 07:07:53 am

Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shumi Nagaremono

Found a copy of Jetman for the Famicom yesterday.  I've heard nothing but good things, so for 800 yen, I figured "Why not?". 

...other than that I'm still working through that massive Fukuoka haul from the summer...

;)

Shumi Nagaremono

The Book-Off around Yokohama was blowing out a bunch of their Famicom cassettes.  Mostly commons I already had, but did manage to find a few I was missing.  Nothing special, but at 108 each, why not? 

Zoids, TM Network Live in POwer Bowl (with the funky half/half cart), Road FIghter, Perfect Bowling, Dragon Spirits, and two Family Trainer titles, Aerobics Studio and Meiro Daisakusen. 

Nightstar699

Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on October 19, 2014, 05:58:53 pm
Found a copy of Jetman for the Famicom yesterday.  I've heard nothing but good things, so for 800 yen, I figured "Why not?". 

...other than that I'm still working through that massive Fukuoka haul from the summer...

;)

Great find, one of my favorite Famicom games. Just make sure you hold A+B while you start the game, so you can play it on very hard mode for the optimal JETTOMAN experience.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: Nightstar699 on October 25, 2014, 10:02:20 pm
Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on October 19, 2014, 05:58:53 pm

;)

Great find, one of my favorite Famicom games. Just make sure you hold A+B while you start the game, so you can play it on very hard mode for the optimal JETTOMAN experience.

It's great!  Road Fighter and Dragon Spirit are both fantastic as well. 

Shumi Nagaremono

More excited than I probably should be about Sumo and Argus.

The Hori Playstation stick is great.

The Gachaman game is loads of fun. 

Everything else was just icing on the cake.

Nightstar699

Ah, very nice gets sir! Especially Advanced VG, which is on my Saturn want list. I need to get a PS stick like that, that'd be great for Last Blade.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Retrospectives

The HORI stick is great indeed. I have a blue one and a clear one but i seldom use it since it's kind of tiring to use on longer sessions but it's reallly a compact stick which utilizes all the advantages like a real arcade stick (micro switches and such).  :gamer:

sethreign

Just found a grey NES zapper for 4$. The reason I bought it is because it came in a white box with styrofoam. In the styrofoam it says NES-ZAP or something like that. The box doesn't have any flaps on the side, and it is only white. I tried to find the box on the net but there doesn't seem to be any.
Creativity is the spice of life

L___E___T

Can you take and upload a snap?  Could be a production sample perhaps - either way definitely worth $4 congrats on the find!  :D
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Gio_16bits

I managed to find Battletoads for the Nes for $5.00. It was the luckiest find yet.
Proud owner of the following systems (in no particular order): Vic20,C64,600XL,7800,FC,Nes,Snes,Saturn,N64,GC,PS2,Wii,Ouya,PS3,Wii U, Dreamcast,GB,GBC,GBA,NGPC,PSP,PSV,N3DSXL,

MarioMania

I got Mighty Final Fight back

Yelir

I don't have much in the way of NES finds, but I got a little bit to share recently! My good friends are moving away, so I got a free system and the 2 games they didn't sell (SMB 2 and Zelda). The remaining carts are from a previous coworker, cost me about $10 and they're in great shape.

Other than a copy of Earthbound Zero and the N8 Everdrive, this is the extent of my US collection, sadly...  :'(

MaxXimus

Nice finds. Some good games there. I need to start working on my NES collection again soon

Nightstar699

I've been going a different route, in fact recently I have been selling off most my NES stuff because imports are just so much more fun to collect. At this point I've narrowed my NES collection down to just the essentials. (Games that weren't released on Famicom, games with enough differences that I want to keep, and Kirby's Adventure... too much sentimental value to ever let go of that one)

fcgamer

That's what I did in December, sold off most of my NES collection for the very reason that you stated.  My brother kept the good stuff that he wanted, and of course we (he and I) kept all of our childhood games, no way we are getting rid of those (and these were all the original games we had as children).  But the rest of the stuff, if I have a Famicom version, for the most part it got sold.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com