Finding controllers for Famicom clones...

Started by Schumi, April 20, 2008, 10:50:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Schumi

I'll start off by saying that I've had so much fun with these Famicom clones. I own a clone that looks identical to the original thing, I believe it's a "Subor" (it's labelled as "Video Game System Subor SB-818"). It looks identical to this Subor:

Got it in the mid-90s and really was reliable always worked faultlessly! However, the controllers always were a pain (yeah, those which could only be removed by opening the console). They always kept breaking down and I just always bought new ones. However 4-5 years ago it started becoming really hard finding these, so I kind of moved on. Still, I've been looking to find new controllers for some time, but is there any chance of even finding those these days, ANY at all?!
I'd be willing to do anything to revive my console... :(

manuel

I think you're better off searching for a complete system with controllers. ;)

133MHz

Maybe you could try to repair the controllers? Or buy standard ones and hard-wire them manually to the console.

Schumi

Yeah, repairing is always an option, but I think they're in a pretty unrepairable stage. It's the wires that keep failing...
But I guess one could always replace the wires and make the controller durable - IF you know what you're doing...

133MHz

You can use wires from NES/SNES controllers, they have the right number of conductors and they're pretty durable. Just replace them color by color and you should be good to go ;).

number47

The colors are not the same. There is no standard in chinese famicrap - I once had controllers where all the wires were black  :upsetroll: