Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2016, 03:19:38 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Off-Topic Chat (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  I had/have testicular cancer
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I had/have testicular cancer  (Read 1776 times)
Protoman
AV Famicom
Sweden Sweden

« on: October 09, 2016, 01:22:50 PM »

Last monday I was supposed to go to Japan to study for a year but that's been cancelled now, looking at another 6-9 months in my home country beforeI can go for real. Too bad as all the arrangements were done, school, apartment, student loans, plane ticket etc.

I discovered a lump myself the tuesday before that turned out to be a tumor, removed it on friday and I'm recovering now. At my friends place where I'm living on his couch now because I had my living arrangments fixed too. The x-rays showed no spreading though so it's likely all good, but might have to do a bit of chemo if the tumor comes back malignant, just to be sure.

Not sure what I'm aiming at with this post, but I just need to vent a little I guess.
MaxXimus
There's something to be said about that...
Global Moderator
FamicomBox
Canada Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 01:46:34 PM »

I'm extremely sad to hear about this. I hope that things make a quick turn for the better for you.

I had a scare like this about 7 years ago. It turns out I have a genetic condition that can cause cysts to form on my testicles. It never turned out to be cancer but it really freaked me out.

Take care bud and make sure you look out for yourself right now!

From all the staff and members of FW, I wish you the best.
BaconBitsKing
Disk System
United States United States

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 12:27:43 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope everything works out.

I will keep you in my thoughts.
fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 10:43:17 AM »

I'm also really, really sorry to hear about this.  When I first saw the topic, last night, the first words to go through my head were literally "Oh fuck!  Shit!!"  I held off in posting until today, as there are honestly no words to properly say what everyone here is probably thinking at the moment.

I'm really sorry to hear about this misfortune, and I just feel really horrible as well.  I cannot imagine how it must feel, the combination of frustration and disappointment about your Japan trip, combined with now being stranded in Sweden on your friend's couch, due to tying things up for the Japan trip.  And that is before we even think about the health situation.  All in all, it is a really lousy situation, and I would never wish it upon anyone.  Sad

From what you mentioned in the original post, it seems as though you caught things early enough as to have nipped it in the bud.  Is this correct?  Did the doctors have any idea as to how you got this sort of cancer?  My mother had cancer (and chemo) about a year or two ago, and it was honestly one of the roughest periods of my life, being a world away from her and seeing her (via skype) becoming weak and helpless due to the chemo.  Luckily she was able to become a survivor. 

Look:  If you want to chat about anything, or vent about anything, please just shoot me a PM at anytime.  Even if you got everything taken care of, cancer wise, I am sure there will be a lot of frustrations due to the whole situation as a whole.  If this happened to me, I know I would be feeling bitter and upset by the ordeal.

So I hope things turn out for the best, and please let us know any updates, as everyone here at FW cares about you and is hoping for the best.  And if you want to chat, please just let me know!

Best regards. 

Please check out my gaming blog, FC Game Land, for information and my own personal thoughts on Famicom and other imported games.  I will also list items for sale on there, for those who are interested.

FC Game Land:  http://fcgamer.wordpress.com/
Arkanix38
Disk System
Australia Australia

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 01:25:16 PM »

I hope you have an absolutely amazing time in Japan to make up for it man!
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 09:15:13 PM »

Aw I'm also very sorry to hear this, that's some really bad timing! But the good thing is that you discovered it before going to Japan or it might had been even worse.
I hope you health is well and yeah I also hope you'll have a really good time in Japan when you go there to make up for this.

tonev
Sharp C1

Famicom Fan

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 09:53:26 PM »

I hope that you are going to be ok and that your "gun" will be ok and that you will keep shooting without any problems  Cheesy

WHEN I DIE I WANT ALL MY GAMING RELATED ITEMS TO BE SPLIT EQUALLYTO MY GF! ALSO JAN AKA JPX72 AND SECURITY16
chowder
AV Famicom
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 02:53:41 PM »

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that.  All the best buddy, hopefully your recovery goes well and you can get back to living your plans soon Smiley
UglyJoe
Administrator
Disk-kun
United States United States

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 11:42:07 PM »

That sucks, man.  Good to hear there is no spreading.  I hope things turn up "all good", as you say.
Retrospectives
Disk System

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 06:53:26 PM »

Had a mother passing by in a lung cancer...Feel you brother. Sorry to hear that. At least testicular cancer is quite "common" in males and has much better predictions than lung cancer, if that is some kind of....well, consolation. Japan will be here, where it always been, and we are waiting for you to come here.

Just wanted to chip in and say that if you ever make it to Japan, please feel free to shoot me a PM and let's hook up. Best regards - Leo
crazyjesse
Famiclone

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 01:11:26 PM »

When I was about 9 years old, I had an irregular lump on one of my testicles, I was concerned and saw a Doctor and he thought that maybe it was cancer. For a child to go through that stuff is mixed because they don't fully understand. After several tests it showed to be benign. Now that I'm older it's something I think about constantly. Especially the statistic that more men die of testicular cancer than women die of breast cancer (though I don't know about ovarian).

I'm glad to hear they nipped it and I hope everything continues smoothly.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: