Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 09:10:18 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Off-Topic Chat (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Something You Learned Today
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Print
Author Topic: Something You Learned Today  (Read 16177 times)
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
FamicomBox
Hong Kong Hong Kong

NIB hardware collector

« Reply #300 on: July 08, 2014, 07:21:36 AM »

Ewww - sounds like an uncomfortable convo.

大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
fcgamer
Twin Famicom

« Reply #301 on: July 08, 2014, 08:15:39 AM »

Ewww - sounds like an uncomfortable convo.

Believe me, it was.  The only thing that made it somewhat more bearable was that the woman (she is from Indonesia)'s English was not so good, so she couldn't tell me as many details as she had wanted.

Please check out my gaming blog, FC Game Land, for information and my own personal thoughts on Famicom and other imported games.  I will also list items for sale on there, for those who are interested.

FC Game Land:  http://fcgamer.wordpress.com/
smeghead
Twin Famicom
Croatia Croatia

« Reply #302 on: July 08, 2014, 07:57:55 PM »

something i learned tonight...

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles...
 Grin
security16
Twin Famicom
Australia Australia

« Reply #303 on: July 09, 2014, 01:39:08 AM »

Most aussie guys are dicks -_- They really really are but there are a few good ones in there  Grin The whole leaving the husband for some guy in another country is risky at best.  Just leaving a husband is a pain in the arse enough. CRAZY I SAY!
Back to the learning I learnt that one of my former fuck buddies is a ridiculously arrogant pig under the whol i'm really a good guy act  Angry
fcgamer
Twin Famicom

« Reply #304 on: July 09, 2014, 06:08:58 PM »

Most aussie guys are dicks -_- They really really are but there are a few good ones in there  Grin The whole leaving the husband for some guy in another country is risky at best.  Just leaving a husband is a pain in the arse enough. CRAZY I SAY!
Back to the learning I learnt that one of my former fuck buddies is a ridiculously arrogant pig under the whol i'm really a good guy act  Angry

I just love the Aussie accent.  Wink  It sounds so ridiculous, but awesome at the same time.  My favorite English accents are Aussie and South African, and I hate the American and UK accents.  Sorry L__E__T and everyone else Wink

Most guys are pigs, hate to say it.  We are all good actors, and cowards as well...but at the end of the day, our true colors will show, in an imperative situation. 

Please check out my gaming blog, FC Game Land, for information and my own personal thoughts on Famicom and other imported games.  I will also list items for sale on there, for those who are interested.

FC Game Land:  http://fcgamer.wordpress.com/
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
FamicomBox
Hong Kong Hong Kong

NIB hardware collector

« Reply #305 on: July 09, 2014, 06:15:12 PM »

It's ok haha, I actually really cannot stand the SA accent or an Aussie accent.  Ironically, Zim and Kiwi accents don't bother me.

Thing is, there is no such thing as a UK accent, that's lumping a scottish, Northern Irish, Geordie, Brummy, Liverpudlian, Manc, Yorkshire, West Country, Cockney, Essex and many others all into one name - they are very, very different, not like a Canadian and New Jersey different more like a French and Italian different.

大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
Bob-Bob
Disk System

« Reply #306 on: July 15, 2014, 04:17:58 AM »

Same thing with American. In America we have Dixie, Floridian, Miami, Appalachian (aka "Hillybilly"), Texan, Cajun, Yat, Mid-Atlantic, Urban, "Noo Yawk", "Da Bronx", Prep, Puerto Rican, Jewish, Down East, Vermon', "Bahston", Philly, "Bawlmore", Midwestern, Chicago, Minnesota, Cowboy, Californian, Valley Girl, Surfer Dude, Latino, Hawaiian, Military and a whole bunch of other minor ones in between.  Tongue

You can't possibly hate all of these accents, can you fcgamer?
smeghead
Twin Famicom
Croatia Croatia

« Reply #307 on: Yesterday at 03:25:25 PM »

I learned that is easier to run when it's raining  Embarrassed  (today is one of those rare rainy Summer days)
tappybot
AV Famicom

« Reply #308 on: Yesterday at 10:01:30 PM »

I learned that when you're dealing with those locking screws, never screw the actual screw in too tightly, or the head will be below the locking mechanism, and then when you think you've locked them, you finish the whole shelf, then realize after you're nailed it all together that the boards aren't locked together.

Leave them a little raised so the locking device can grab it.
UglyJoe
Administrator
FamicomBox
United States United States

« Reply #309 on: Today at 07:38:50 PM »

Square Enix apparently owns the rights to the Daikatana franchise.  They must have picked it up when they bought Eidos, who I didn't realize had published the game.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: