Previous topic - Next topic

JC

July 03, 2008, 11:32:34 pm Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 10:57:46 pm by JC
Famicom Four-Player Games
Which games allow up to four players?

Bakutoushi Patton-kun
Downtown Nekketsu Koushinkyoku: Soreyuke Dai Undoukai

keiffer01

Well the weird game I mentioned earlier has a 3-4 player option so I guess it could go on your list. But I don't know what the title of the game is.

FAMICOMfag

You can play 4 players in Super Off Road  on NES but I have never heard of a famicom version of this game.

FamicomFreak

Gauntlet 2 is four player but that's for the NES I don't know if there is any famicom version of it
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nensondubois

Nintendo World Cup has 4 Players and so does Super Spike Volleyball, if I remember correctly.

JC

Are we talking NES or Famicom here?

Ryo

Trenton_net

If your talking NES, I know Nightmare on elm street supported 4 players. As well as Super Spike V Ball.

BrianC

December 15, 2010, 01:40:09 pm #8 Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 01:47:33 pm by BrianC
Quote from: JC on January 16, 2009, 10:01:42 pm
Are we talking NES or Famicom here?

Yeah, I'm surprised with the NES replies. I tried looking for a complete list of 3-4 player Famicom games, but couldn't find one. It took me awhile to find some info on 4p adapters for FC too. It seems the 3-4 player FC games work with the expansion port controllers, 3p games just need an expansion port controller, and all that is needed for 4p is one of those adapters that allows for 2-4 expansion port controllers. There are also different adapters available and I couldn't find much on the 4 way play or whatever it's called (I did find a JP auction for a Hori made one using the expansion port plugs called Four Players Adapter). It's frustrating that I couldn't find a picture of a JP 4 player adapter, aside from online auctions (and they seem somewhat scarce on ebay too).

Here are the 3-4 player Famicom games I know of:
Bomberman 2
Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu
Kunio no Nekketsu Soccer League
Moero Twinbee (also on FDS)
Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu
Nekketsu Kōkō Dodge Ball Bu
Nekketsu Kōkō Dodge Ball Bu: Soccer Hen
U.S. Championship V'Ball (also supports Hori Track. I'm curious how good that controller is since I like Super Spike V'Ball and it seems to be a game where an analog track ball would be ideal for movement)