How fast is your internet connection?

Started by manuel, July 18, 2008, 09:59:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

You can test it at http://www.speedtest.net.

I quite like my new connection here.  :) Back in Germany I had 384kb/s down and 70 up.
Now with over 40Mb/s downloads are way faster. A new episode of Bleach or the Simpsons in under 2 minutes is very cool.  ;D

Post your results and envious comments here.  ;)

133MHz

July 18, 2008, 10:03:01 pm #1 Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 10:50:26 pm by 133MHz

JC

UglyJoe

That's the consumer DSL I've got at home.  I ran a speed test at work a few months ago and got 31240 kbps down / 14623 kbps up (I'll try it again with this test on Monday)..  But, yeah, Japan's network infrastructure is way ahead of America's.

manuel

Quote from: UglyJoe on July 18, 2008, 10:20:49 pmBut, yeah, Japan's network infrastructure is way ahead of America's.

... AND Europe's. ;)

Kuvio

DAMN IT!  >:(

Okay, let the laugh fest begin. :-[ I can't wait until I move so I can get a MUCH faster connection. Dialup is the only thing I can get at my current location. One thing I don't understand though. I live right outside of D.C., but it says Distance ~ 1100 mi. Why is that? I don't understand.

manuel, I hope you appreciate your internet speed. If one day you ever think your connection is not up to par, think of me...  :'(

133MHz

Why is your connection so strangely asymmetrical? Doesn't make sense to have more upload than download.

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

manuel

Quote from: 133MHz on July 19, 2008, 08:12:04 pm
Why is your connection so strangely asymmetrical? Doesn't make sense to have more upload than download.

It's almost symmetrical, which is normal in Japan.
This test isn't 100% accurate. You always have some aberrations when you consider the time you take the test, the load the provider has to bear at the time etc...

My connection is actually a bit faster. I had a torrent downloading with over 7 Megabytes per second for some minutes. That would be over 56000k. The fastest upload I saw in azureus was 6.5 Megabytes per second.

Har the cat

July 20, 2008, 03:24:32 am #10 Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 03:30:34 am by Har the cat

its fast in my opinion, but its not fast.
i have too much shit on my computer to perform on its best :)  2 spyware antivirus things, lots of winzips etc. im not so familiar with comps.
Intergalactic cat says: Is this planet Earth?

Har the cat

Quote from: manuel on July 20, 2008, 03:24:09 am

This test isn't 100% accurate. You always have some aberrations when you consider the time you take the test, the load the provider has to bear at the time etc...

My connection is actually a bit faster. I had a torrent downloading with over 7 Megabytes per second for some minutes. That would be over 56000k. The fastest upload I saw in azureus was 6.5 Megabytes per second.

WHAT!  :P 7 megabytes!  Monsteriffic!
Intergalactic cat says: Is this planet Earth?

manuel

I thought so, too.  ;D  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

FamicomFreak

massive speed! I'm going to try to download some torrents today with my new connection. I already ordered a wireless router and it should be here on Monday or Tuesday then all my five computers will be hooked online!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

133MHz

Quote from: manuel on July 20, 2008, 03:24:09 am

Sorry I was asking Kuvio, his internets are 42k down and 262k up. I thought that I didn't need to quote him since my message was right below his.