How fast is your internet connection?

Started by manuel, July 18, 2008, 09:59:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DDCecil

manuel

Haha. Look at my starting post.
My last year results were still a bit better back then.

nintendodork

D: How did your results change so fast from your post on page 4?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel

This one's from last year.

But results can change really fast. The speed depends on so many factors, like how busy is the measuring server in just the second you connect to it.
The results are never 100% accurate and most of the time your actual speed is well above what your test result says.

manuel

nintendodork

July 13, 2012, 05:49:47 pm #66 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:14:36 pm by nintendodork
Figured I'd revive this thread to celebrate my new internet connection in my new house. ;D We just got internet service today and we'll be finished moving in this weekend! I'm so excited to not live in the country!

(Test from back in my old house)
Spoiler
To give it the benefit of the doubt, I just tested it again. I forgot we somehow switched to a closer server on the same ISP sometime in early 2010, but this will be one of the last times I use this connection.
[close]

Also, Manuel, your upload speed is crazy and so is the fact that you're connection is only faster than 85% of Japan.  :o
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

GohanX

I'm kind of hating manuel right now.

That's through my laptop with a fairly weak wifi signal. I've tested closer to 20 on my other hardwired computer. I don't really need more speed though, most of the time when I download large things the speed is limited by the device/sender, not really my internet pipe. For example the PS3, it just takes forever to do anything, and I know it has nothing to do with my download speed.

Peps1ru1es92

Hey people, TRG still exists. Come join the meh-ness.

http://trgforums.servegame.com

security16

UglyJoe

Still on slow DSL.  I need to get a house with FiOS access!

famiac

July 14, 2012, 10:09:28 am #71 Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 11:03:49 pm by famiac

133MHz

Time for an update!

DOCSIS3 cable modem, no data caps. My ISP is even offering 120 Mbps down but with 4 Mbps up which I think it's ridiculously low and not worth shelling out the extra cash and upgrading my household LAN to Gigabit Ethernet for that.

Da Bear

July 15, 2012, 04:06:39 pm #73 Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:50:24 pm by Da Bear

:bub:

Edit: If I turn off uTorrent I get some more download speed :gamer:

JohnnyBlaze

As per usual, being a Cablevision customer, I suck.....
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play