Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2015, 07:27:49 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Off-Topic Chat (Moderators: manuel, SumixXam, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  The Truth about Mario (According to my Girlfriend)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Truth about Mario (According to my Girlfriend)  (Read 96 times)
fcgamer
Sharp C1

« on: May 16, 2015, 11:12:51 AM »

I was talking to my girlfriend tonight, and the following conversation just went down:

GF:  Did you see they have the new promotion at 7-11 for the Hello Kitty products?

FCG:  Yeah, I wish they would have some promotions with Mario or something.  They just did a Hello Kitty promotion two or three months ago.

GF:  But Mario's not popular here.

FCG:  Why not?  He still seems to have a following in Japan.  I remember hearing they had the coffee promotion there.

GF:  Hmm, I'm not sure.  Well, Mario's a Mexican, right?

FGC:  Um no, he's Italian.

GF:  Oh...I thought he was a Mexican.  And then there is Princess Peach.  I never really liked her.  She seemed like the type of girl that would bully you in high school.

FCG:  Oh you mean because she is a blonde, er, or a red head. 

GF:  Yeah, she is a blonde.

FCG:  But in many pics she is portrayed as a redhead.

GF:  How is that?

FCG:  I don't know, maybe she dyes her hair.

GF:  Wait a minute, so she gets to be in a dungeon, and she also has the ability to dye her hair?!?!  Where does she live, anyway?

FCG:  She lives in the Mushroom Kingdom.

GF:  Oh, Mushroom Kingdom.  So, why does Mario like her then?  Why does he like Peach?

FCG/GF (thinking together):  Oh no, Mario doesn't like girls with yeast infections, I hope.  Ewwwww.

GF:  And tell me about Luigi.  Who is he, Mario's friend?

FCG:  Well he is Mario's brother.  That is why they are called the Mario Bros.

GF:  Ohhhhh.  I thought they were called "bros" like when you go to friends and call them your "bros".

FCG:  Oh, haha, it's because they are brothers.

GF:  Yeah, and then there are the new characters added for the Mario Kart game.  There is that mushroom with a diaper, and an egg, and the green guy and...

FCG:  I used to like playing Mario Kart with my brother.  We always played that game.  When did you play it?

GF:  I played it on the DS. 

FCG:  Well I played the TV version.

GF:  Oh, you mean the X Box version?

FCG:  Err...well...yeah, something like that.

---

I really learned so many new facts about Mario during this conversation.

Please check out my gaming blog, FC Game Land, for information and my own personal thoughts on Famicom and other imported games.  I will also list items for sale on there, for those who are interested.

FC Game Land:  http://fcgamer.wordpress.com/
The Uninvited Gremlin
aka NintendoKing
Global Moderator
Sharp C1
United States United States

Would you trade that cookie for this key?

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 12:10:13 PM »

Truth? Lol.

I am also a member of these forums:
Dreammary (NintendoAGE.com, AtariAGE.com, PlanetVB.com)
zmaster18
AV Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 12:18:38 PM »

Haha I love these! My GF also thinks this is funny stuff. Girls... Smiley
SumixXam
The Backwards Man
Global Moderator
Sharp C1
Canada Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 09:59:53 AM »

That's pretty funny haha. My wife's friend (who were living with at the moment) 's son thinks Mario is Mexican as well. I told him "no, he's Italian" and he said "well he has a Mexican mustache."
zmaster18
AV Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 12:16:32 PM »

When I was like 3 or 4 years old, when I played my first Nintendo game Mario Kart 64, my dad and I thought when he said "Let's-a-go!" it was actually "Mex-i-co!".
fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »

When I was like 3 or 4 years old, when I played my first Nintendo game Mario Kart 64, my dad and I thought when he said "Let's-a-go!" it was actually "Mex-i-co!".

My brother and I also thought that, for the longest time Wink

Please check out my gaming blog, FC Game Land, for information and my own personal thoughts on Famicom and other imported games.  I will also list items for sale on there, for those who are interested.

FC Game Land:  http://fcgamer.wordpress.com/
P
Sharp C1
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 12:23:48 PM »

Haha well he seems to become a mexican at one point in the Super Mario Bros: Peach-hime Kyushutsu Daisakusen! movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sCTzNGFjxU&t=2m25s

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: