The Memorial Thread (of those who have passed on.)

Started by Doc, September 23, 2006, 11:21:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Russam5354

I didn't see the movie yet. Sorry he died. :(
Heard the movie was shitty, but it was a part of people's childhoods.
It's funny how some things suck, but because they were in your childhood, and you have good memories about them, they seem awesome to you.

Ugh. One of my childhood video games.
あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.

BonBon

RIP Bob Hoskins. He was also great in who framed roger rabbit. Very sad

smeghead

QuoteI like Michael Jackson very much.

me too

I almost died today  :( (been on running and the outside was so hot that my legs felt like somebody burning them, came home and couldn't stop sweating)

Jedi Master Baiter

I learned that H.R. Giger passed away recently.

I would've expected more news about this. I don't even remember where I found this out. ??? Anyway, I'm sure I don't have to say much about him; the man was extraordinarily creative and influential. Nearly everything sci-fi in video games pay respect to his works.

Hey, that would be a great article! H.R. Giger in Video Games

L___E___T

It is sad, he was an amazing artist.  I have a bunch of Geiger books - the best bit are the stories he tells about his younger years, I was surprised how normal he seemed yet he produced these elegantly horrific artworks.

One day I'd like to visit the Geiger Bars.  There's one in Tokyo and one somewhere in Europe from memory.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nintendodork

Robin Williams. Apparently he had been suffering from depression for a long period of time. Cause of death hasn't been announced but the news said something about a possibility of asphyxiation.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

security16

Mo-hd

I'm sorry to hear that... My condolences to you and your family.

smeghead

I'm sorry security, it's hard and always a shock when we lose somebody close,  my grandmom before 7 years died, from brain cancer too.  :(

security16

Thanks guys. He lived a few months longer than the doctors had expected and there wasn't a whole lot they could do to stop the cancer which was good that he got some extra time with his kids and the rest of the family.   

P

My condolences Security. Good that he could stay with family. My grandfather died a few years ago by cancer. We stayed with him every day including all my uncles and aunt during his last time.

security16

Cancer sucks and there is a possibility that it's coming for my boobs  :-\ I get them regularly checked but they've found a lump thats misbehaving so being safe rather than sorry with it.

UglyJoe

Ah, that sucks.  Used to listen to Static X when I was in high school.