March 28, 2024, 11:15:10 pm

Animated GIF maker

Started by JC, January 04, 2009, 12:12:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

Anyone know of a good (free) program for making animated GIFs.

nurd

manuel

I didn't use that function yet, but I saw in the interface that the software SUPER by erightsoft can make animated gifs from videoclips.

http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html

UglyJoe

I use JASC Animation Shop whenever I have the odd need to make an animated GIF.  You can get for free from JASC's website (might be a trial, but I think it's entirely free now):

http://ftp.jasc.com/pub/en/ani311en.exe

133MHz

Quote from: UglyJoe on January 04, 2009, 08:04:11 am
I use JASC Animation Shop whenever I have the odd need to make an animated GIF

[FamicomFreak Mode ON]
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[FamicomFreak Mode OFF]

I've used that program during the middle '90s (probably an older version, I don't remember). It was a 30 day trial so when I wanted to make an animated GIF I went into the machine's BIOS setup and adjust the date back for the program to work ;D. I got pretty good at it. Good times :)

Thanks UglyJoe for bringing me back those memories ;)

Walky

Quote from: 133MHz on January 04, 2009, 10:59:50 am
Quote from: UglyJoe on January 04, 2009, 08:04:11 am
I use JASC Animation Shop whenever I have the odd need to make an animated GIF

[FamicomFreak Mode ON]
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[FamicomFreak Mode OFF]

I've used that program during the middle '90s (probably an older version, I don't remember). It was a 30 day trial so when I wanted to make an animated GIF I went into the machine's BIOS setup and adjust the date back for the program to work ;D. I got pretty good at it. Good times :)

Thanks UglyJoe for bringing me back those memories ;)

I use PSP + Animation Shop from 1998 till now :D. I still use PSP7 since it's WAAAAAY faster than Photoshop and does exactly what I need (even tablet support).

manuel

January 04, 2009, 08:44:12 pm #6 Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 01:53:51 am by manuel
Hey, I have similar memories, 133MHz.  ;D

But it became a pain in the a**, so I searched a crack for the program on some shady Russian warez sitez. Good old timez when almost all wordz ended on z... :D

UglyJoe

My copy kept working past 30 days.  It would nag me when it started up and tell me that my trial was over, but it still worked.

133MHz

Quote from: manuel on January 04, 2009, 08:44:12 pm
But it became a pain in the a**, so I searched a crack for the program on some shady Russian warez sitez. Good old timez when almost all wordz ended on z... :D

I didn't have the Internets during the early 90's (who did anyway? my first encounter with the intertubes was in 1997). The only way for me to get new software was from the CDs/MO discs my dad brought from work, or copying stuff from friends (yay floppy disks!). No way for me to get a crack :(.

Eventually got a program called CrackLock that could freeze the time for individual applications without having to mess with the computer's clock ;D.

manuel

I also didn't have internet in the early 90s. What I talked about was around 97/98 maybe.

Good old times...