Famicom controllers rubber pads replacements?

Started by ooXxXoo, January 10, 2009, 10:07:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ooXxXoo

Hi!
I just got an old Famicom system, and find out that the controller internal rubber pads are totally worn, almost falling apart....Does anyone knows a good source to get replacements for these?...

Thanks in advance!

nurd

An NES controller, I bet the ones from those would work.

133MHz

Indeed, NES and Famicom internal controller parts are exactly the same.

ooXxXoo

Thanks!, that should work.

...Although, I remember someone in another forum getting brand new pads somewhere, they where clear looking....

JC

Sometimes you can get the on YHJ. I remember a Japanese online store selling replacement parts, but I don't remember which.

L___E___T

It might be cool to switch the buttons..

Gameboys, Famicoms NES and SNES and Super Famicoms all have interchangable buttons - so you have a choice of red, maroon, blue, green, yellow, lilac or purple buttons I guess.

They'll all fit, but some are taller and stick out more from experience.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Trium Shockwave

Really? I recently took my SNES controllers apart to build a single fully working one. Each of the face buttons was keyed with little tabs to only fit in its particular hole. For example, you couldn't stick the X button in the Y hole even though externally they look the same.

NintendoKing

Quote from: nurd on January 10, 2009, 10:14:06 pm
An NES controller, I bet the ones from those would work.

I mentioned this in another thread, I have been using this technique for along time.
I subtracted the inner parts from over 20 nes controllers, so that my famicom will never break and also I have a second set of connector boards from my broken famicom. So my famicom is all set for the future.

eadmaster

January 16, 2012, 12:29:22 pm #8 Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:34:22 pm by eadmaster
Quote from: L___E___T on January 11, 2009, 05:20:59 am
It might be cool to switch the buttons..

Gameboys, Famicoms NES and SNES and Super Famicoms all have interchangable buttons - so you have a choice of red, maroon, blue, green, yellow, lilac or purple buttons I guess.

They'll all fit, but some are taller and stick out more from experience.

I've found that the NES d-pad is a bit smaller than the FC one (still replaceable, but it doesn't fit precisely).

Btw, about the rubber parts, can you confirm that the original FC ones were colored like this:
- D-Pad -> brown dark gray (i guess the white ones are not original - can you confirm this?)
- A/B buttons -> white
- Start/Sel buttons -> black

2A03

Quote from: eadmaster on January 16, 2012, 12:29:22 pm
Btw, about the rubber parts, can you confirm that the original FC ones were colored like this:
- D-Pad -> brown (i guess the white ones are not original - can you confirm this?)
- A/B buttons -> white
- Start/Sel buttons -> black

The rubber contacts in the Famicom controller are exactly the same as the NES, including the color of the button contacts (they're white like in the NES controllers).

eadmaster

January 20, 2012, 01:34:53 pm #10 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:40:59 am by eadmaster
I've made some comparison photos to illustrate the differences:
http://eadmaster.altervista.org/tmp/rubber_front.JPG
http://eadmaster.altervista.org/tmp/rubber_back.JPG
in both photos they are placed like this:
upper-left -> suspected 3rd-party parts found in a (refurbished?) player 2 FC controller (white-colored)
upper-right -> sure 1st-party parts from a NES controller (white-colored)
lower-right -> broken parts found in a player 1 FC controller (the d-pad is dark gray-colored, also i've noticed the circular contact pads are slightly bigger)

DDCecil

January 11, 2015, 05:17:27 pm #11 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:04:00 pm by DDCecil
Edit: I used an extra NES brick controller's dpad pad and it worked great!

Sorry for the necro-bump, but what's a good replacement for the Twin Famicom's D-pad rubber pad? (My left/right buttons are coming loose on the pad)