Famiclones

Started by nintendodork, January 31, 2009, 11:56:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

January 31, 2009, 11:56:55 am Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 12:02:51 pm by nintendodork
Post pics of your Famiclones here!

My Superjoy III...What happened to the first two you ask?  No one knows because no one cares..; Comes with unit, light gun, second controller, power adapter, and crappy A/V cables

Has EXT for light gun and controller II

Back looks like this..it looks like it can play Famicom games..but I don't know how to put them in..

Selection screen

Also..if I opened this up..would there be a Fart inside?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Paul-FC

Quote from: nintendodork on January 31, 2009, 11:56:55 am
Also..if I opened this up..would there be a Fart inside?

nope i tried b4 there nothing in those

L___E___T

There must be something right?   Also what do you mean you haven't figured out how to put the games in dork?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Paul-FC

Quote from: L___E___T on January 31, 2009, 04:12:19 pm
There must be something right?  

yeah a small eprom that's it

mobiusclimber

Proud owner of Super Smash Games in Tacoma and Seattle

nintendodork

That first one has a cool color/design..

The second one...I scoff at the seller *SCOFF SCOFF*
QuoteThis is The Original Famicom system from japan!
theese systems can go upwards of $400 when and if you find the on eBay.
The original Famicom is red/white and has two black, SQAURE buttons...
I have yet to see a Famicom go upwards of $100 loose ::)

The little Nintendo "logo" is even crooked
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

nintendodork

Quote from: L___E___T on January 31, 2009, 04:12:19 pm
There must be something right?   Also what do you mean you haven't figured out how to put the games in dork?
I tried to put one in facing different ways..but whenever I turn it on, it still takes me to the 12000 in 1 screen..

shoggoth80

Here is a picture of my favorite clone, the Micro Genius IQ501. I got lucky, this thing outputs either NTSC, or Brazilian Pal. Works on my TV no problem (standard US NTSC).

nintendodork

FINALLY!  Someone else posts pictures!  Haha I've never seen that one before..cool!

shoggoth80

I've got a couple others I want to post (like the Penguin clone) but I have to upload it first, and my connection is kinda slow. I'll work at it though. I like sharing this stuff... it's good times. :P

nintendodork

I want to see a pic of the Penguin, from what I've heard, it's pretty awesome :P
Please post pics as soon as you can :D

shoggoth80

It took a little while on the uploads, but here's some more food for the thread:

This is the Pengin clone. It's got an IR controller that actually handles pretty sweet, the standard second controller, which is wired, and the gun... also came with a small 111-in-1 cart (about half as tall as a normal Fami cart). I got this for $6.50 from a second hand store in my area. Call it a lucky find. It was missing its A/V cable... $4 later it was good to go... so about $12 total price after sales tax is kicked in. Not too shabby for what it is. I like it. Plays games pretty well. Though it pays to have it sitting somewhere solid, since the cart sticks out of the back... pretty easy to jostle it around if you aren't careful.

The obligaory SuperJoy III :

Doesn't everyone have one of these? I have two. One was a gift from a friend, who didn't know what it was at the time, otherwise, she might not have given it to me :P This red one I got for dirt cheap ($3) from a thrift, and it was just the clone core a/v lines, and PSU. The one my friend gave me is black, and complete. It's boxed up right now, otherwise, I'd probably have a pic up too.

I also have a Power Joy. Similar to the Super Joy III... it's sorta N64 shaped... light grey, and purple. The gun is built into the controller housing, which is actually more comfy than you would imagine. This is also boxed up.

While not TECHNICALLY a Famiclone:

This is the FC Twin... a SNES/NES combo unit (the Retro Duo is better, but uploading these pics took a while, so that won't happen anymore today). These apparently ARE made with 60 pin Fami slots too. Do NOT confuse this thing with the Sharp Twin Famicom. I don't have pics of my black and red Sharp uploaded, otherwise I would post it for reference. :P Maybe in a couple days.

Good times guys! If anyone else has pics, please post. These things are interesting, and occasionally rather odd.

nintendodork

I find it weird that most Famiclones have the same light gun...

shoggoth80

Many do seem to use the same gun. I think it is probably more a case of using the same moulding. Or perhaps, they get the peripheral bits made for them? I have seen other guns.. but the type in the pic is most definitely the most common variety.

On top of the listed stuff, I also have a "Retro Entertainment System" en route, which is a newer NES clone, probably very similar to the Yobo. I am also bidding on another Famiclone... Polystation type I think (looks like a PSX case). If I win, neat... if I get outbid, I ain't sweating it. It's not like I don't have the means to play my carts!

nintendodork

I also have that Retro Entertainment System, it works very well.  It doesn't have any graphical or sound problems whatsoever!