Power-Joy carts (PJ-008, PJ-001)

Started by dylan727, March 07, 2009, 01:19:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dylan727

March 07, 2009, 01:19:08 pm Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 05:38:57 pm by dylan727
What different versions of the Power-Joy Carts are available?
I have a Power-Joy cart that is different than the one listed on Famicom World yet has the same label (http://famicomworld.com/Pirated/Power_Joy_008_PIR.htm). These are the Power Joy carts I have.

Power Joy
PJ-008

Game List:

80 DAYS
ARKANOID
ALADDIN III
ADISLAND
ARABIAN
B-WINGS
BALOON FIGHT
BIRD WEEK
BOOM MAN
CLAY SHOOT
CHACK AND POP
CIRCUS CHABLIE
CITY CONNECTION
DIG DUG
DING DONG
DOOR DOOR
ELEVATOR ACTION
EXERION
FORMATION Z
FRONT LINE
FLAPPY
FILED COMBAT
GALAGA
GALAZIANS
GRADIUS
HYPER OLYMPIC
JOUST
JEWELLERY
KARATEKA
LODE RUNNER 1
LUNAR BALL
MACROSS
MAPPY
MILLIPEDE
NINJA FIGHTER
NUTS AND MILK
OTHELLO
POOYAN
PAC LAND
RAID ON BAY
ROAD FIGHTER
SOCCER
SKY DESTROYER
SPACE ET
STAR GATE
STAR FORCE
TANK
WRESTLING
WRECKING CREW
WARP MAN
ZIPPY RACE

Power Joy
PJ-001

Game List:

ALADDIN III
GRADIUS
WHIRLWIND
BASEBALL
DING DONG
KITTY
LODE RUNNER
WRESTLE
SOCCER
CHALLENGER
ARKANOID
FLAPPY
SPARTAN X
TWIN BEE
STAR FORCE
MILLIPEDE
CIRCUS CHARLIE
DUCK HUNT
MACROSS
POOYAN
SPACE ET
JOUST
STAR GATE
HYPER OLYMPIC 1
BALLOON FIGHT
FORMATION Z
ARABIAN
GALAZA
URBAN CHAMPION
KARATEKA
GLDIATORS
HELICOPTER
BIRD WEEK
MAGIC JEWELRY
SPEED TANK
ZIPPY RACE
HYPER OLYMPIC 2
TENNIS
GOLF
TANK
MAPPY
WARPMAN
ROAD FIGHTER
CLAY SHOOT
EXERION
GO GO TANK
GALAXIANS
MILK & NUTS
CHARLIE PONY
CLU CLU LAND
10-YARD FIGHT
KUNG FU
COMBAT
ICE CLIMBER
PIN BALL
BIG TOP
DEVIL WORLD
GONE FISHING
DIG DUG I
MOTORCYCLE
CITY CONNECTION
CHACK'N POP
POCKET BALL
FRONT LINE

JC

Those are the only two carts that I've confirmed. Nice to see the PJ-001 game list, though. I've never gotten a chance to see it.

ericj

Are you sure that screenshot you have for the PJ-008 cart is the correct one? The PJ-008 cart I have shows 84 in 1 at the top and has Pandamar on it. Yours shows 52 in 1 and the list doesn't include Pandamar and only includes 51 games.

Blue Protoman

I never thought there were more PJ-XXX carts.
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

133MHz

I only know one PJ-XXX cart, and it features Tanuki Mario, Frog Luigi and homosexual intercourse ::).

Blue Protoman

BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

dylan727

March 07, 2009, 05:26:55 pm #6 Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 05:42:41 pm by dylan727
Yup, that's the right screen shot for the PJ-008 I was disappointed because when I bought it I had hoped it would have the Pandamar hack on it, I bought these from an eBay seller in Australia so maybe they have different versions in the countries they were sold.

And sorry the game lists were missing a few games I guess I copied them wrong the ones that were missing are shown in bold.

thegeoffzone

i have found another power joy cart, it is identical to the one seen on the site, however it reads pj-001, it must be first in the power joy series. its a 64-in-1 with some repeats, its also light, and i got it for only $2.00 at a flea market ;D.

pics coming soon.

JC

Hmm. That and 008 are still the only two confirmed. I'm starting to think they didn't make a 002-007 or higher than 008.

nintendodork

I've seen eBay auctions that have PJ-006.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

JC

nintendodork

What do you make of this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/POWER-JOY-LIMITED-EDITION-TV-GAME-FROM-QVC-UK-New-n-box_W0QQitemZ310152006529QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item4836800b81&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ericj

Probably the PJ-008 cart since it says it has 84 games.

I have one on the way, but am not sure what cart it is. If it's the -008 cart, it'll be up for sale since I already have it.

ericj

Sorry for the double post.

I have an extra PJ-008 cart up for offers. PM if you're interested. It's the version with 84 games, including Pandamar.

ericj

July 17, 2009, 07:42:13 pm #14 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 08:43:07 am by ericj
BUMP

PJ-008 cart (with Pandamar SMB hack) for sale/trade. PM if interested.

EDIT: SOLD