List of Famicom/NES game differences

Started by featherplucknfilms, September 08, 2006, 02:22:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

son_ov_hades

shoggoth80

Which means I should find it quite enjoyable when it arrives.
I still play Gradius III on the SNES often enough.... which was my introduction to Konami's space shooters. They do them pretty well...

nintendodork

Out of the 3, I would reccomend Salamander the most.  Half of the reason is just because the cart is so damn cool :P
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

vgthing

February 22, 2009, 08:15:01 pm #93 Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 08:51:07 pm by vgthing
If you want any info on Gradius/Salamander games, check this site out:
http://www.gamestone.co.uk/gradius/

The blue ship's name in the Gradius series and Salamander is the Vic Viper, and the red one is Lord British. There are other ships, but only appear in a couple games like Gradius Gaiden for the playstation.

And yes, Gradius and Salamander take place in the same universe. There is a Japanese anime based on Salamander that clears up a lot in the story. You should watch it if you are interested.
I'M GIVE UP YOUR APPELLATION'S TECHNICAL MONKEY

Jedi Master Baiter

Did U.S. Championship V'Ball have an exercise mode?

JC

Are there significant differences between Ufouria and Hebereke? I have Hebereke and used to have Ufouria...can't compare but I recall Ufouria being different.

Jedi Master Baiter

Besides the characters looking different?

X

Rob64

I don't think it has been listed but I have a difference from a couple of friends of mine who are quite the zelda experts. Both mastered the american version of the first game, and one mastered the second game. I showed them the fds version of those games and this is basically what they said:

Wow, I never thought I would play a japanese version of a game that was easier than the american version. I beat Zelda 1 faster even with the load times by about a half an hour. It seems essential items like rupees and bombs appear more frequently compared to the NES which is how it went faster for me. I don't want to go through Zelda 2 all over again but that seems easier as well because I level up much faster and I can choose what to level up.

He also talked about the differences that everyone else would already know about (different sound quality due to the chip, enemy icons, etc.)
Now you're playing with Power

Tootai

Quote from: JC on July 25, 2009, 10:03:00 pm
Are there significant differences between Ufouria and Hebereke? I have Hebereke and used to have Ufouria...can't compare but I recall Ufouria being different.

One I can think of is that the birds poop in the FC version and drop weights in the European version.

nensondubois

Many games like Metroid, Zelda 1 and 2, Kid Icarus and wrecking Crew all have save features implemented on the Famicom Disk versions and the extra wavetable channel as opposed to their cart counterparts with the exception of the Zelda games.

Mickey Mouse (Mickey's Mousecapade in US) have different enemies aside from the obvious name differences.

Super Mario USA has a two byte difference in one of the DPCM samples compared to the western Super Mario Bros. 2.

Nightstar699

On kabuki quantum fighter, the US version features more cartoony cutscenes, as aposed to the realistic japanese ones.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

133MHz

Wanpaku Kokkun no Gourmet World's main character is a young, anime-like chef which uses his hat as a weapon. In Panic Restaurant, it's an old man and his default weapon is a frying pan. Also the name of the evil villain is different (Hors D'Oeuvre vs. OhDove).

Nightstar699

Yup in panic restaurant the character is supposed to look like chef boyardee.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nintendodork

Thanks for merging my thread whoever did it.  Also, in the OP, why are some games just left blank?
Quote from: featherplucknfilms on September 08, 2006, 02:22:00 am
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde --
FC:
NES:
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat