Sharp Twin Famicom AN-505 Repair Log

Started by chimyfolkbutter, November 16, 2006, 10:21:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

madman

Yea, the Famicom "copiers" weren't really copiers in the sense like SNES and other consoles had copiers.  The Famicom copiers allowed users to play hacked versions of cart-based games off of FDS disks.  The mappers would be emulated by the copiers (very limited mapper support) and the ROMs needed to be hacked in order for the copier to be able to play them.  The best use of these copiers today is to be able to tune your motor, as well as backup your games with a single drive if you have one which can write disks. 

*J*

hey, i'm new to famicom world and hoped someone out there could help me. I've recently bought a twin famicom, while the cartridge slot works perfectly i can't get the disk drive to work. I opened it up and found that the belt was melted and broken. I got a new belt and installed it. Yet it still dosen't work. When I insert a disk, it says loading but does not do anything. I also can't hear anything no whirring. Has anyone got any ideas? or is it just broken? thanks

kite200

A:  make sure the connector is plugged in all the way. B: your drive is probably dead and will need replacing
ステキ

*J*

thanks. I'm pretty sure the conector is plugged in all the way. so looks likes it's dead. Do you know where to get replaments for it. can you just use a normal FDS's innards and just replace it with that?

kite200

you can use a normal fds.  buy one on ebay but make sure the seller says it  works first as they;re a piece of shit
ステキ